“Hidden gem Close to everything but away from the noise” 5 of 5 stars

Papa's Hideaway
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   309 Louisa Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #59 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Hidden gem Close to everything but away from the noise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We spent two nights here in mid December and were so glad we did. The place is charming and quiet. We never started our car once we arrived (lots of close free parking and safe well lighted at night). The pool was close clean warm and very inviting we ate outside every morning and the breakfast is very adequate indeed. Our room was perfect and so clean, we slept very good. We will return for sure. Highly recommend this place to anyone one, especially couples.

Room Tip: I would say each room has its advantages we were upstairs it was swell.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for five days and the the staff definitely brought in the extra touches like coffee and breakfast buffet, extra beach towels, and sun block. We really appreciated all of the nice things. The owner, Andrea, took the extra time to map out locations in the area.

The grounds were beautiful with lovely gardens and a pool. The place was quiet for the most part (until the last day when a loud family stayed under us, but that is neither here nor there.) Our room was adequate, but a little outdated. We stayed on the top floor, which had a lovely porch where we spent many of our mornings relaxing.

The owner was prompt in fixing a problem that we had with the door, and I felt like that was a bonus.

My only con is that there were bugs! Ants. I did not bring this to the staff's attention because ant traps where already in the room. I don't really find this acceptable and I felt like we had bugs crawling on us the entire time. For that reason alone, I probably would stay elsewhere.

In addition, this location is further away from the main attraction than we wanted. Papa's Hideaway is close to Duval Street, but a little more than walking distance away from the Mallory Square and the pier, which was where we spent most of our time. In the future, I would probably pay a little more to stay closer to the center of the action.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cotacachi, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are located in a secluded private botanical garden. Pool is clear and pristine great place to sit and work on a suntan. Nice continental breakfast by the pool. Free parking. Located in the old historical district walking distance to Hemingway's and Mallory square. You are alway from the Duval night life. We were in room 3 which I recommend since it is downstairs and easy to unload your bags. The upstairs rooms had rather step stairs. Our room was large open with king bed, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, plates and silverware. The bathroom was tiny and outdated. We were told to turn on the hot water in the kitchen to get hot water in the shower which did the trick. We have stayed in luxury hotels such as the Omni and Intercontinental but I certainly prefer the wonderful atmosphere and friendly folks at Papa's without the high cost of other places in Key West. I hope we will be lucky and visit again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place was perfect for us. We have stay in Key West before and wish we had stayed here the first time. Really good spot the bottom end of Duval Street just around the corner from the beach. It felst very safe and i only about is about a 15 minute walk to the busy end of the street, which we prefer. It was very clean, cosy, private, quiet, with breakfast and a lovely pool area. Andrea was very nice and made us welcome as did Wilfred and Mozart.

We are hoping to go back and this will be our first choice......... cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was peaceful and relaxing getaway in Key West. The hotel was in walking distance to everything, but far enough away that it was so quiet. We felt as though we had the property to ourselves. I even got him to swim in the pool while there, which I can never get him to do:)

The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyes spending time in the room just relaxing after a tiring few days in South Beach. The room looked exactly like the pictures on the website. The property had little odd and ends that you might forget available on the property such as bug spray, tanning lotion, sunscreen which really comes in handy.

I felt as though I was staying with family while there because the room and property were so cozy and small with only 5 rooms on the location.

The staff is very nice and helpful. It was nice to sit down and chat with Nancy in the morning during breakfast.

Thank you Nancy, Andrea and the other staff. I miss Key West already!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Papa's many times over the years. Occasionally we've brought friends or relatives along and we're always telling people we know to go there if planning a Key West trip. This is my most favorite place on earth to be and I can never get enough of it. The property is charming and very private. We've stayed in every room and the cottage as well. All are homey and comfortable and clean. The pool and deck area are inviting and relaxing with lots of tropical foliage and the occasional resident iguana or two. The continental breakfast each morning is generous with fresh fruit and baked breads, a nice way to start the day. The owners and staff are wonderful! Fred and Andrea are very gracious and kind, as well as generous with their knowledge of the island. Whatever your looking for, they can guide you in the right direction. I simply can not say enough good things about this wonderful place. It's truly my idea of heaven on earth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I were on our 6th trip to Key West and stayed at Papa's the last week of September. Nancy met us at the gate to welcome us before the taxi could even pull away and I knew then that we had chosen well. Our room was very comfortable and clean as was the pool and patio area. This small B&B was perfect for relaxing by the pool without all of the Duval St. noise and commotion. We really enjoyed the privacy and the stress free atmosphere. The owners and staff made sure we had whatever we needed to enjoy Key West without being bothersome. A nice breakfast was available every morning poolside and bicycles were on site if needed. If I HAD to say something negative it would be that the water in the shower was a little slow to heat up but was not a problem. Well, that and these ''poisonous caterpillars'' by the pool that we never saw. I would recommend Papa's Hideaway to anyone who seeks a private, clean and low-key environment. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Papa's Hideaway? Share your experiences!