“What a lovely place to stay in...” 5 of 5 stars

The Cabana Inn Key West
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   413 Appelrouth Lane, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #41 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“What a lovely place to stay in...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful place in the city center. Room is clean and very nice styled (as whole place is). Free wine and snacks are available during the happy hours (5-7pm) I do not have any complaint or other negative points to this hotel, I can only recommand you this hotel :)

If you are interested not only in this hotel but even in any other in Key Largo, definitely visit the Visitors center, There are working very nice people and they can give you pretty good discount for the hotels and tours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Laura_Innkeeper2, Manager at The Cabana Inn Key West, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to review The Cabana Inn. I am so happy that you enjoyed our Inn and it's complimentary happy hour. I am happy that the Visitor Center directed you to us, they are great people that go out of their way to help people visiting Key West find the best accommodations. We are very proud to be affiliated with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We go to KW several times a year - and are so happy we have found this spot. Great staff, accommodations, pool, location and ambiance..we can't wait to go back! Only a block off of Duval and only a block from the green parrot...

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the Kind review. The Staff and Management at The Cabana Inn are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small boutique style hotel , easy walk to all Key West attractions. Beautiful rooms, each one a little different and pool and Hot tub so restful, secluded. Fantastic breakfast buffet serving Greek Yougurt, fresh bagels of various kinds, Starbuck's coffee, fresh juices and much more. Has afternoon wine and cheese too. Only small issue is $30 fee for parking if it is even available but 2 blocks away was a free parking lot and once there the car just stayed there for out entire stay as everythng in walking distance in town. Beaches would have been a walk or bicycle ride but we enjoyed the beautiful pool so much did not go. While there however make sure a take a sunset sail . Absolutely beautiful. By the way this is an adults only hotel, no children or pets.

Room Tip: I only know room 31 and the room directly above room 31 were very nice. Next to pool and hot tub...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura_Innkeeper2, Manager at The Cabana Inn Key West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Diane,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us at The Cabana Inn. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed all of our complimentary services as well. I hand pick the items on my breakfast menu based on the requests of my guests to the best of my ability and I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast. . Our pool is a lovely little oasis, I will agree with that. It is so relaxing to float in the pool in the middle of the afternoon heat and see the sun peeking through the palm trees. Next time you visit Key West we hope you choose The Cabana Inn for your lodging accommodations.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Because of unbelievable flying ants around my pillow, side tables, and at bathroom, I was unable to sleep with spending $250 for this Inn. There were no hotel workers during midnight, so I could not change a room. Innkeeper said after I complained, "It is termite season in Florida, I am not the only building that was encountering this problem." Even though she knew about this issue that you can see from her words, she said it was not her fault. Do Not Stay at this Inn, I strongly recommend you to book big name hotels if you want to avoid like my situation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am sorry about your unfortunate experience with your stay at our Inn. Unfortunatley while you were staying with us it was during termite season. All wood structures in a tropical climate encounter these problems during this time. I told you that I was not the only structure in Key West encountering this problem. I was unaware that there were problems in your particular room until you reported your unfortunate experience the next morning. When you came to the office to complain I felt awful about it and offered you a discount for your stay, which you received. The building was scheduled for treatment and the rooms affected were not rented at this time except for yours. Your was not included in the treatments scheduled because I was unaware of any issue in your room. The building has been treated by Orkin and we are not encountering these problems anymore. I hope you will give us a try in the future.

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was a tad small but we were never in it except to sleep. Pool area and cabana area was perfect when we wanted some relaxation. Location can't be beat. Just off Duval street. When we checked in the staff member seemed hurried so that was a little off putting, especially for folks who never had been there before. Only other thing is the gate to enter the property and your room is two different keys which is a pain after a few drinks on Duval. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Red5032,

Thank you for the kind review of The Cabana Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Cabana Inn. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed relaxing on our Cabana Beds in the garden/sundeck area of our property. I am disappointed that you did not receive the warm welcome that all of my guest deserve at check in. I know that it does get busy and my staff has a lot of other responsibilities to address while on the desk, but that is no reason to not give a guest the warm welcome that I expect them to give. I will address this with my front desk. When you come back to visit us again, I promise you will see the difference. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice resort, staff was very friendly & helpful. We would definitely return given the chance. Only issue was the parking, when I booked this through hotels.com I was not told that there is a fee for on site parking & that it was not available until after the morning folks ck out. So, definitely a learning curve for us as first time key west visitors! All in all a great visit we were so impressed with the beautiful courtyard area. We had a private room not attached to any other unit so very nice privacy for us. The room was clean & spacious we had a light out but the maintenance staff came & took care of it promptly.

Room Tip: No elevators, if you can't climb stairs then be sure to request ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nicsxa,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Cabana Inn. I am happy you enjoyed our accommodations. My housekeeping staff is number one on the island and I am fortunate to have them all. I am glad that my staff made sure your stay was most enjoyable. I do apologize for any misinformation about parking on the internet. I have updated all of the websites with the proper information regarding parking. Parking is limited for a fee of $30.00 plus tax per night. We only have 8 spots so it is first come first serve. Because we are located on a tiny lane just steps from Duval Street, we do not have a large parking lot. We can direct you to the nearest pay parking lot or we are always happy to direct you to where you might be able to find some free parking. Again, I thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for a week and enjoyed the room, the pool and the amenities. There were no disappointments at all. The location is great as it is in the heart of old town. We both intend to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the wonderful review of our Inn. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations. The Staff and Management at The Cabana Inn strive to make your stay the most relaxing and enjoyable and possible. We look forward to seeing you again.!!

Innkeeeper

Been to The Cabana Inn Key West? Share your experiences!