“another wonderful experience in Paradfise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alexander's Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Alexander's Guesthouse
You added Alexander's Guesthouse to your Saves list
1118 Fleming St., Gay and Lesbian Guesthouse, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #3 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, NC
“another wonderful experience in Paradfise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

As always, I had a most amazing trip to Key West as a result of staying at Alexander's. The staff, rooms, ambiance, and incredible feeling of welcoming family have brought me back year after year. The staff is wonderful! They know my needs and preferences of space and the ever important cocktail of choice at Happy Hour. It is amazing how I can come down for a cup of coffee and gentle ease into the day and return to my room and find it expertly refreshed for another day--Housekeeping, you are great! Front Desk and others, are great, they keep the place clean, quickly address issues (if they arise) and just all around make this the premier location in Key West for my escape from the world of work.
Every time I have visited, I am greeted more warmly than many of my family members, my bags are whisked away and placed in my room by whatever attendant is there at the time and I am made to feel like I am the most important guest they ever had. I'm just an average guy with an average life but visiting Alexander's makes me feel like 'Royalty'.
Thank to everyone there, from the owners through the staff, you make Paradise better on every visit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

From the moment I arrived, Philippe received me as if I were an anticipated best friend that has been away far too long. Courteous, friendly, attentive to my needs and even made some awesome suggestions as to where to dine, drink and shake a leg. My room was even better then I expected ... comfortable, well decorated and spotless.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My partner and I stayed at Alexander's for our 5th anniversary. We had a fantastic time. The guest house is nice but the staff absolutely made our stay. They were all wonderful! We will be staying here again the next time we are in Key West.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed a few day and loved every minute of it. We had the room overlooking the pool. It was so relaxing, calming and quite. The staff is so great we still keep in touch with them. The were so nice and would just take such good care of us. Everything we needed was take care of right away. The best part was everyone getting together at sunset for complimentary drinks by or in the pool. We had ours in the pool... it was great!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I cannot say enough about this wonderful guesthouse. The facility is incredible and very relaxing and I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. They make everything so easy and have wonderful recommendations for activities and meals. The crowd this place attracts is an added bonus, everyone is social and we have made some wonderful friends on our two visits.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I have now stayed at this guest house on several occasions and it continues to have a great, relaxing vibe. The rooms vary greatly (in style) so make sure you book something suitable. They are all 'cool/colonial' in style and provide the right back drop for this location. My only comment is that the bathrooms all do need an update.

The breakfast is great and has a broad selection to meet all needs. The team are also as great as ever. Special thanks to Mike & Philippe for their help whilst we were there.

My only disappointment is the change to happy hour at the Pink Monkey poolside bar. The bar used to feature free cocktails that got a real social vibe going - but now has a weird pricing policy - wine/soda free first hour, cocktails half price, then all drinks half price second hour and all full price in the third hour. Would prefer a daily surcharge on the room rate and go back to the 'free' cocktails as I feel this would improve the social element.

Overall another great stay and I continue to recommend this guest house to my friends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
AlexandersGuesthouse, Manager at Alexander's Guesthouse, responded to this review, July 31, 2009
We appreciate this review and the kind words. We are so glad they had a great stay with us, this is what we strive for!! Over the years we have made many positive changes to the property, upgrading the look of the rooms to reflect a chic, but casual style. We offer a complimentary breakfast and daily Happy Hour for all of our guests. Our breakfast includes an array of fresh tropical fruits, homemade muffins, fresh squeezed orange juice, robust Costa Rican coffee and finally eggs made to order on the weekends, quiche during the week and french toast and mimosas on Sundays! Just to be clear about our HAPPY HOUR…which is hosted by a bartender...it includes a selection of Canyon Road wines and a host of cocktails made with our house liquors(frozen Pina Coladas and Margaritas now included)...it lasts two hours...first hour is complimentary and 2nd hour is ½ price for these selections. This has always been a constant at Alexander's. What is new and made available for the first time… are top shelf spirits for purchase. Guests love this! These items, of course, are not included in the Happy Hour. Always wanting to make our guests happy, at a guest’s request, we have even extended our bar hours at the Pink Monkey so there is more time to relax and socialize. We do our best at Alexander’s to create a fun Happy Hour at our little hotel bar. Alexander’s continues to be a place where friends gather to meet new friends! Hope to see you soon!
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

The property is around the gem of a pool. It is a little smaller than the normal pool but just perfect. The rooms are all delightful from a cabin to rooms that seem like they are tucked in the trees. The breakfast are great and there is a friendly dog to greet you. An absolutely wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Alexander's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!