“Another Termite Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Te Da Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Key West
La Te Da Hotel
1125 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #20 of 40 hotels in Key West
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Another Termite Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had to write after reading previous review. My husband and I also selected this hotel from the positive reviews. As mentioned, we too, found staff helpful, breakfast was great and location wonderful. The piano bar each night was great and energetic. Now for the negatives.... We had selected a deluxe room but felt it to be much more like a standard room.....room definitely needed updating and more attention to cleaning.....dustballs behind nightstands, etc. After awakening the first morning, my husband saw a bug crawling on the side of the bed, then picked up mattress to find a colony of bugs between the mattress and box spring. Went immediately to front desk and were told it was termites !! Said they would get in there to clean and spray immediately, which they did. They did down play the situation, and said it happens !! Have stayed in other tropical areas and have never had this happen before. Our compensation was a 10% discount, should have asked for more and needless to say, had a very uneasy feeling the remainder of our stay. For this reason I don't think I would stay again and would not be able to reccommend to friends.

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hackensack, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I picked this hotel from the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. My husband and I drove over 4 hours to spend a night or two in Old Town Key West, and the La Te Da Hotel looked charming. It actually was quite charming, the management friendly, and the food, good. And the location couldn't have been better, which is why I chose it. We ate dinner in their outdoor venue, and it was lovely. After walking through town after such a long drive, we decided to go to the room after dinner to relax before sight seeing the next day. What we discovered was an infestation of termites on and under the mattress. What I thought were down feathers were the wings that were falling off all over. If they weren't flying around, they were crawling up the walls. And there was larvae crawling around under the mattress. The hotel informed us that they have had this problem before, and knew what the bugs were before they even got up to the room. They offered to clean the area, and spray, but the thought of them returning and waking to things crawling around was obviously unappealing. The management offered to refund our money, and find us another hotel, which they did, but 2 miles out of town, since they were booked. So, we packed our things and headed to a different hotel down the street first, which turned out to be ridiculously expensive. It was now 9:00 p.m. We were so disgusted with the whole thing, and didn't feel that we wanted to pay over $200 for a room we weren't going to use more than 12 hours at the hotel they found us, so we decided to drive all the way back, and got home around 2:30 a.m. Although the management was very apologetic, in retrospect, I feel that they should have found us a place in town, and at least paid the difference, if not the whole thing for the inconvenience. Other than the termites, I did find the room to be clean.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here, along with the rest of a bridal party, for an April 2013 wedding. We LOVED it. If you are looking for crazy amenities or a super upgraded resort, this is not the place for you. But if you love Key West charm, a great location and service with a smile, I definitely recommend La Te Da. Chris and Eric at the front desk were AMAZING. Totally above and beyond and just so accommodating. The restaurant and bar staff were super nice, breakfast each morning was awesome, the La Te Da Limeade was a group favorite and the pool was the perfect retreat between wedding functions. It felt like no matter where we had to be we were always within 1 mile, which was awesome as we walked everywhere. There was live music in the evenings and overall we had a great experience. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Room 21 is amazing, although I liked having a downstairs room (stayed in Room 25 and thought it was...
Waterloo, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the LaTeDa for a second time. We had stayed there 2 years ago and loved it. Really liked it this time too but what I didn't know is that last time we had been upgraded to a luxury room (I thought we were in a deluxe room) on the second floor so I didn't realize our room would not be the same. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was okay, just not nearly as nice as the luxury room. I would still recommend staying here.

Warren, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at la te da feb 2013
Had a great time
Very clean
Staff was over the top nice, pleasent and very helpful always
They really care about thir guests. They even served us breakfast right outside our room.
The bar was small and nice. Excellent bar tender.
Can't wait to go back.
We also stayed at wicker house. We will not go back there.
La te da will be our first choice and the price was good also

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed at La Te Da in November 2012 and had an absolutely brilliant time. The hotel is situated in a great location, central to everything. We didn't find parking an issue as we found a prime spot on a street across the road. We walked everywhere so the car didn't move for the duration of our stay.

Our first night, we stayed in a room on the ground floor next to the bar. Unfortunately, we didn't get much sleep that first night as you can really hear everything outside the room from the staff clearing up to the music played as they were doing so. After a bad night's sleep, we spoke with reception who could not have been more helpful and placed us pretty much immediately into a room behind the pool, on the second floor. The room was absolutely perfect and made the rest of our stay brilliant. The way they handled our query was very professional and we were never made to feel a burden.

Breakfast everyday under the marquee was something we looked forward to each day. You get to choose from three different options and we tried each one. The french toast is superb and the other two breakfasts were just as good, I just have a bit of a sweet tooth so the french toast took top spot!

Had an overall excellent stay in Key West and if we were ever to come back (which I really hope to do), I wouldn't hesitate in booked La Te Da again. Thanks a million!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We loved it here for many reasons. Just 4 short blocks to Southernmost Beach, on the quiet end of Duval, about a 15-20 minute walk to the other end of Duval, and absolutely wonderful staff!! From the amazingly delicious breakfast and I'm guessing the best breakfast in town (which is included in the price of the room) to the clean, comfy rooms we were extremely impressed with this hotel!! We wished we would've stayed longer and next time we will! Thank you to Eric, Chris, and the rest of the staff at LaTeDa. You made this WV couple feel very welcome. Key West is our favorite spot to vacation. We've stayed at 3 other hotels and loved all of them for different reasons but LaTeDa will always hold a special place in our hearts! We hope to be back very soon. <3

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Te Da Hotel? Share your experiences!