“Nice inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Te Da Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Key West
La Te Da Hotel
You added La Te Da Hotel to your Saves list
1125 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Key West
Thornwood, NY
“Nice inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Location: excellent Duval street but not in the noisy area,walk to all
Parking: found easily on side street
Service: excellent: friendly server breakfast and bartender very nice
Check in: easy
Breakfast: excellent
Cabaret show: very funny, worth seeing
Rooms: size was fine, more lighting needed in mirrored area near sink to allow for makeup application
Floor in room: a little more attention should be paid to cleaning
Shower: large,clean,good pressure
Would def. stay again

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are just back from a week of fun in Key West, and though the weather was mixed our stay at La Te Da was particularly wonderful. From check-in to check-out we found this boutique hotel a marvel. The staff is welcoming and helpful, the restaurant great, and the room large and comfortable. Indeed, our room was just feet from the nice swimming pool, which is situated in the property's interior courtyard amidst palm trees and flowers.

The La Te Da is a unique place in a unique town. The cabaret show is not to be missed; nor is the hotel's complimentary full breakfast. Our next visit to Key West will surely include another stay at La Te Da. We give special mention to Mike, one of the waiters at the restaurant. His friendliness and suggestions of other must-try restaurants were grade A+, and were much appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Wonderful staff, great service, lovely table settings, terrific entertainment in the bar area and...(although we did not see it) a show to boot! Every morning you get to choose from three offerings for breakfast -- including unlimited coffee and a nice glass of your favorite juice.

I have read a few of the other reviews; and I would call the rooms "Key West Quaint". Our air conditioner worked well when we needed it. There were two fans running; and you could turn them off it need be.

The only thing I would recommend is the cleaning staff needs to do a little more due diligence on some of the trim and woodwork. At one point, I bent down to an outlet near the floor to plug in my I-phone, and I saw many dust bunnies on the trim next to the floor......also in the bathroom. It didn't really bother us much since we've seen worse in much higher priced places.

I would highly recommend the La Te Da. Even though you are situated on Duval, you get a nice quiet setting with a pool and lush Key West palms and vines. They really know how to treat their guests! If you want to get caught up in the loud, Spring Break kind of atmosphere, you can work off your breakfast by walking down Duval and people-watch for a couple of hours. It was always nice to home back "home" to the La Te Da!

Stay there............and enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Perry, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Key West and had no idea of the location. Did we luck out! This is a perfect spot to stay, it is on a quieter area of Duval street yet close enough to walk to any of the sites of interest and entertainment. We booked later than we should have so we did not have any leeway in our choice of rooms. The room we got is getting a little tired and could use some TLC. It also opened out to the dining area and was located next to the pantry. Room 19. That being said I would recommend booking well in advance and getting a room upstairs or down in the pool area. The staff are excellent and very friendly and willing to help with anything you ask for and always with a smile. The breakfast that is offered with your stay was far better than you get at most hotels. We had dinner at the hotel twice and both meals were delicious. Hats off to the chef and the wait staff. We also enjoyed the outdoor bar, a great place to socialize with some very interesting people. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book well in advance of your visit and request an upstairs or pool area room
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I love this place! We'ved stayed at Douglas House and Duvall House and La Te Da will be the only place I stay at in the future. Service A+, friendly attitude, happy to help with smiles, every staff member (front desk, waiters, bartenders).

The price is more then fair. We spent more in 2 nights at Duvall House then we did in 2 nights at La Te Da.

Beautiful atmosphere. Plants, soft lighting. Amazing free breakfast in the morning. Sit at a table with a waiter, 5 options on the breakfast menu, all full meals made for you. Suggested tip $3 per person, I left $10.

Only complaint, one night we were right upstairs above the bar outside talking to our neighbor and we could hear some definite arguing going on downstairs. I thought it was out of place and surprising, but whatever. The other 2 people I was with barely mentioned it and I was right by the edge right above the bar. But they were yelling.

The room was big, modern, clean. King size bed. Awesome "couples" shower ;)

Shout out to Tonto, the coolest nicest bartender ever! She makes everyone feel at home.

Bottom line: Top 3 favorite hotel combining service, atmosphere and value.

Room Tip: We had a room right above the bar and it was awesome! Loved being on the 2nd floor, you can see peop...
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

SUMMARY
You need to stay here. Like, you need to. You will not regret it and afterwords you will likely message me to thank me for sending you here. Location, service, food, entertainment, this place knows how to rock out everything you're looking for. We've stayed at Southernmost, Duval House, and Douglas House and this place blows all of them out of the water; even Southernmost, which even at 350+ dollars a night can't match the service and whimsy of La Te Da. The difference is that this place is memorable, charming, and you're guaranteed to meet wonderful people here.

ROOMS
The rooms are fabulous. Many of the rooms have a patio or porch with chairs and a table, the bed is really comfortable, and you get an awesome, oversized stone shower (complete with bench). No TV, but who watches TV in Key West? All you need is a shower, bed, and place to chill while you're waiting for your significant other to finish getting ready. :)

SERVICE
If you are a service person like me, you will LOVE La Te Da. From the front desk to the wait staff to the bartender, you will love everyone. Say "Hi" to Tonto at the bar for me. Love her. Fabulous service is a big part of what sets this place apart from everywhere else. It sucks when you're having a great time and then a grumpy Gus comes along to ruin the moment. Not so at La Te Da, where the people love their jobs and treat you like a local.

DINING
You know when you're staying at a Hyatt and you get a continental breakfast for free the next morning? Yeah, well keep your banana and cereal, Hyatt, because La Te Da is in the house and stealing your thunder. Welcome to La Te Da, land of the most awesome free breakfast you will ever get as part of your hotel package. I'm not aware of any other place that offers complimentary breakfast to guests in Key West, let alone food of this caliber. Choose between an All American breakfast (yummy toast/bagel type thing with eggs how you like 'em and crispy bacon), fruit and yogurt parfait, or French toast. You also get coffee, water, and your choice of a juice. Your hangover will thank you for staying here.

They also serve lunch and dinner here, and many locals come by for drinks and food. While we didn't end up eating there for any meal besides breakfast (huge regret), we did try some pate a local offered us and it was A-MA-ZING. Plus, if the locals are going there you know it's good.

ENTERTAINMENT
If the almost-always packed bar isn't entertainment enough, there's a piano bar (Elton John and Billy Joel covers, anyone?) and nighttime cabaret show that is supposed to be very good. There aren't a lot of hotels or bed and breakfasts that offer the type of entertainment La Te Da does, so it's cool when you can walk downstairs and step into fun.

LOCATION
You're in a great location. You're on Duval, just a few blocks north of Southernmost Beach (in my opinion the best beach on the island) and on the "better" side of Duval. What do I mean by that? I mean that most locals won't go past 500 block because it's too touristy (think Sloppy Joe's, Irish Kevin's, Hog's Breath). So it's kinda cool you're on a more "authentic" part of Duval. Don't get me wrong, I'm stopping in for a drink or ten at Smallest Bar (my smallest favorite on the island), and you're totally within walking distance of those too, but it's cool being close to gems like Pearl's Patio and the Jazz Room.

Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were in Key west this past week and we happened to stumble on this hidden jewel. We didnt stay at the hotel but enjoyed the outside bar with doug the bartender along with purchasing tickets to the female impressionist show. I have to say the atmosphere in and around this complex is so relaxing and it has an air of exhuberance. After hanging out with doug who made amazing bloody marys and his own orange rum punch we left there in Key west style. The show was also amazing too. If you visit key west you should definately stop there, you wont regret it. Amazingly, the night life in the upstairs bar was also fun. The piano entertainer was amazing. Kept you on the dance floor all night. Great Place..I want to stay at the hotel on my next visit..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Te Da Hotel? Share your experiences!