“Lovely place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 41 hotels in Key West
Quito, Ecuador
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really a nice place, you are close to almost everything you may need. Rooms are very clean and Housekeepers very sweet. The swimming pool is amazing. Customer Service is excellent in general. I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask to the front desk. The girls are very nice and kind. They will recomend the best possible f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for the recommendations! We'd love to have you back next time you need a little sun.

Warm regards,

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I loved the hotel. The place where is located is simply awesome because its in front of the principal street so you are near everything you may need.
The staff also treated me really well. They are kind and never refused to help me.
I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We're thrilled that you felt at home with us, Adrian! Thanks for staying with us, and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next stay even better!

Regards,
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Pros- Location is PERFECT, I will definitely say that. Right on Duval and Southard, in the middle of the strip... The rooms were very comfortable. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi were a nice bonus. Housekeepers were very sweet and plesant.

Cons- We called this hotel right as were got in to town. Over the phone, (on speakerphone, my husband heard her) She quoted me for 2 beds, with 2 nights at $129, 2 nights at $169, No problem. But when I arrive in person? Young girl, with glasses, rudely tells me it's 2 nights at $149, two nights at $189... I said "Wow, you filled up that fast in the last 10 minutes?" she responded with "No, we're empty right now..why?"... I tried to explain to her that i had JUST called and was quoted lower, BY HER- and she flat out told me I was lying. lol. Okay whatever. So I asked if they offered AAA, Military, or AARP discounts, she told me No.. (What kind of hotel doesn't offer ANY of those? Especially when they were "empty" like she said?) As she was about to charge my credit card, she THEN mentions the $10 per night parking fee.. Wait- I just forked out almost a thousand dollars to stay here, and I have to pay for parking on top of that? I overlooked this as well, and decided that because of the location, I would stay anyways and hope for the best.

We checked in to our room, It was comfortable, and smelled very clean.. I kicked off my sandals and one of them went under the bed.. I bent down to retrieve it and under the bed, I saw a plastic bag, with a moldy take out food container spoon in it.. Gross..

It was pretty uneventful until the third day.. Me and my husband went out and only took one key. I decided to go back to the hotel early after losing him in the shopping chaos.... I asked the desk girls for an extra key. (One girl was the same from check in, the second girl was heavier, and didn't speak understandable english AT ALL, and her pants were riding down so low, I could see literally her underwear. Completley Unprofessional.) She asks my room number, I tell her.. Then she looks at me and says "Well where did your other key go?" I explained that my husband had it, and we had become separated while shopping.. she says "Well why did you two become separated??"..

Are you kidding me? What right does anyone have to ask that? How is that any of her business? I was in shock..

I breifly explained it again, and she continued to just stare at me, before finally asking me for my drivers license.. I handed it to her, and she studied it for 2-3 minutes; holding it up to the light, flipping it over and over, Like she thought it was fake or something!!! Finally she said "well I *guess* I can give you another, but we will charge you if you lose ANY of them, so you better make sure to not lose them again".... At this point I'm very offended.. I took the key, walked to the elevator- And as the doors were closing, I heard her say "What a "Bi***) to the other girl who just started to laugh... At checkout, I told her our room and said we would like to check out.. I handed her all four of our keys, and the envelope they came in.. She didn't say one single word to us, counted them all TWICE, and then just sat down in the chair with her arms crossed.. lol. just like that.. Still not saying a word.. I asked her if I could please have a receipt, and she proceded to walk to her computer punch a few buttons, and PLAY ON FACEBOOK while my reciept was printing!!! Handed it to me without a word, then just turned around again. I have NEVER been so disgusted with the personel of a hotel before.

Minor Cons- The poolside bar didn't open for 3 of the 4 days I was there. Continental breakfast was scarce, and dry. Doors at the ends of the hallways facing outside are ALWAYS propped open, so I didn't feel quite as safe as I would have liked. Not to mention it was in the high 90's every day, so the entire hotel was hot and humid, until you got back inside your room.

I would stay again, only because of the location, But coming from someone in the Hospitality Industry for 15+ years, The desk clerks were simply appalling and unprofessional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
First, we must take this opportunity to apologize for the poor attitude you received when interacting with our team. The exchanges you've described are absolutely appalling, Sam, and we're shocked to hear about this. You're right, this is completely unacceptable, and we'll speak to them about it immediately.

That said, we truly appreciate your candor, and we're incredibly grateful that you'd consider staying with us again next time you're in Key West. We're confident that feedback like yours will be of great aid as we work to show all of our guests a five-star visit, so thanks for leaving it. In the meantime, if you'd like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to reach out so we can make this right.

All the best,
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As I have been to this hotel many times in the last 2 years I have only one problem...the outside deck bar area is never open. I have asked the staff why they do not have the bar open and I have heard every excuse from its not Saturday or Sunday or its going to rain...After a long day with friends its always nice to sit on the deck and enjoy the pool but I have been disappointed numerous times. The last time I stayed was Sunday and I was hoping to hear from management about this issue...I think if you offer this on your website you should honor the service...I have another trip booked for December to The Pegasus...I hope I wont be disappointed again or I will have to reconsider where my visiting friends and I stay as I am a local....

Room Tip: if you are traveling with 3 people get the executive suites because your double beds wont be right o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
You're right, Rebecca—we should have been more clear about our deck bar's policies. Although we do not receive this complaint often, we will make sure that our closings are communicated to all of our guests moving forward. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, and please don't hesitate to call if you'd like to discuss this further.

Regards,
Venice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been to Key West before and stayed further from Duval and now that we found this hotel we will never stay anywhere else. It was the perfect location. We parked our car in their private lot (with security cameras) and never touched it the entire time we were there. We were able to walk to every Key West attraction. It was also very convienient to be able to just stop back at the hotel to swim, relax and cool down. Then we were able to get ready and walk to dinner without the worries of needing to drive afterwards. The rooms were very clean and modern. Not huge rooms or pool but perfectly comfortable for the amount of time we spent in them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Since a vacation is all about relaxing, we're so happy that you were able to get some well deserved R&R at our place. That's certainly what we aim to do.

We also have to say that we couldn't help but smile when you said that "you will never stay anywhere else." You simply know how to make our day. Rest assured that we'd be more than happy to see you back here as well. Having said all that, I hope that you're already planning your next trip to Key West. You mustn't stay away for too long!

Warm regards,
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this hotel on a website and booked based off price and was weary at first after seeing pictures and videos on YouTube. After my stay, I highly recommend. Hotel is in excellent location where you can walk to everything and sits right on Duvall. The pool and patio deck were remodeled and very contemporary and cute. The rooms were ok and beds weren't anything great, however, the bathrooms were remodeled and nice but small. I don't book rooms based off comfort and size, I'm on vacation and I don't spend much time in the room anyways, however I've stayed in a hotels from the Ritz Carlton to 19$ motels in Orlando Fl. So with that being said I know quality and decent hotels when I see one. This hotel is great for the price you pay. You can walk from one end of the island to the other with no issues. Good for families, couples, and friends. I highly recommend and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the recommendation! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to your next visit. Our pool and patio are calling your name!

Cheers,
Largo, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel was good location with entrance just off Duval on Southard. No lobby to speak of. Room was nice w/small fridge and microwave. I was in a room with 2 double beds which were low to the ground as was the dresser. The very small bathroom had a large pedestal sink but no room for toiletries but it served its purpose. Easy access to rooftop pool Very glad pool was unheated since it was so hot outside. The complimentary continental breakfast was minimal: coffee, tea, juices, cereal and some breads. No fruit or yogurt. But then again, I wasn't there to eat breakfast. Staff held our luggage until it was time to leave. Complimentary shuttle to ferry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for making us a part of your trip! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, and to read your kind words. We'll certainly keep your suggestions in mind for the future, but until then, thanks for taking the time to leave them!

Cheers,
Pegasus Management

Been to Pegasus International Hotel? Share your experiences!