“Frequent guest” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 40 hotels in Key West
Marathon, Florida
“Frequent guest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As I have been to this hotel many times in the last 2 years I have only one problem...the outside deck bar area is never open. I have asked the staff why they do not have the bar open and I have heard every excuse from its not Saturday or Sunday or its going to rain...After a long day with friends its always nice to sit on the deck and enjoy the pool but I have been disappointed numerous times. The last time I stayed was Sunday and I was hoping to hear from management about this issue...I think if you offer this on your website you should honor the service...I have another trip booked for December to The Pegasus...I hope I wont be disappointed again or I will have to reconsider where my visiting friends and I stay as I am a local....

Room Tip: if you are traveling with 3 people get the executive suites because your double beds wont be right o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
You're right, Rebecca—we should have been more clear about our deck bar's policies. Although we do not receive this complaint often, we will make sure that our closings are communicated to all of our guests moving forward. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, and please don't hesitate to call if you'd like to discuss this further.

Regards,

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Venice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been to Key West before and stayed further from Duval and now that we found this hotel we will never stay anywhere else. It was the perfect location. We parked our car in their private lot (with security cameras) and never touched it the entire time we were there. We were able to walk to every Key West attraction. It was also very convienient to be able to just stop back at the hotel to swim, relax and cool down. Then we were able to get ready and walk to dinner without the worries of needing to drive afterwards. The rooms were very clean and modern. Not huge rooms or pool but perfectly comfortable for the amount of time we spent in them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Since a vacation is all about relaxing, we're so happy that you were able to get some well deserved R&R at our place. That's certainly what we aim to do.

We also have to say that we couldn't help but smile when you said that "you will never stay anywhere else." You simply know how to make our day. Rest assured that we'd be more than happy to see you back here as well. Having said all that, I hope that you're already planning your next trip to Key West. You mustn't stay away for too long!

Warm regards,
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this hotel on a website and booked based off price and was weary at first after seeing pictures and videos on YouTube. After my stay, I highly recommend. Hotel is in excellent location where you can walk to everything and sits right on Duvall. The pool and patio deck were remodeled and very contemporary and cute. The rooms were ok and beds weren't anything great, however, the bathrooms were remodeled and nice but small. I don't book rooms based off comfort and size, I'm on vacation and I don't spend much time in the room anyways, however I've stayed in a hotels from the Ritz Carlton to 19$ motels in Orlando Fl. So with that being said I know quality and decent hotels when I see one. This hotel is great for the price you pay. You can walk from one end of the island to the other with no issues. Good for families, couples, and friends. I highly recommend and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the recommendation! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to your next visit. Our pool and patio are calling your name!

Largo, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel was good location with entrance just off Duval on Southard. No lobby to speak of. Room was nice w/small fridge and microwave. I was in a room with 2 double beds which were low to the ground as was the dresser. The very small bathroom had a large pedestal sink but no room for toiletries but it served its purpose. Easy access to rooftop pool Very glad pool was unheated since it was so hot outside. The complimentary continental breakfast was minimal: coffee, tea, juices, cereal and some breads. No fruit or yogurt. But then again, I wasn't there to eat breakfast. Staff held our luggage until it was time to leave. Complimentary shuttle to ferry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for making us a part of your trip! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, and to read your kind words. We'll certainly keep your suggestions in mind for the future, but until then, thanks for taking the time to leave them!

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This a middle of the road hotel. Nothing spectacular, but nothing horrible. The location is its selling point. We could look down on Duval Street from our window, even though the entry is not on Duval. The outdoor pool was okay. I did scare one of the other guests when I was sitting at the pool. Their bathroom window was right there....... If you don't want your door opening up to poolside, or have any other hangups as far as room location, ASK when booking. Our room worked out perfect. But they do have an odd setup.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Yes, location is definitely key! We understand why some of our guests would be confused by our set up, but we've always found that it was a part of our charm. Still, we're glad you were happy with your room and our location on Duval, and we'd love to welcome you back again. Until then, thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
newburgh, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I just got back from my August 2013 trip to the Keys. This is my second time staying at the Pegasus. This year I stayed for three nights & like last year, I was not disappointed!! This isn't the Plaza Hotel by any means, but it's a clean place to stay in the absolute PERFECT location!!! The Pegasus is on Duval right next to the Walgreens, which is perfect because you're right on the main drag, but far enough from the bars that you don't hear the noise from your room. Just like last year, we drove down to Key West in a rental car & opted to pay the $10 a day to park the car in Pegasus's lot. This hotel is in such a great location that you won't need your car until its time to leave. Literally everything is within walking distance- Mallory Square, Southern most point, all bars & restaurants, the bight, fort Zachary Taylor state park, souvenir shops, etc!!! The location alone is the reason you shouldn't hesitate to book this hotel!!! There is a rooftop pool that stays open til 10pm, a rooftop bar, & a nice rooftop patio with lots of seating! The Pegasus also has daily complimentary coffee & breakfast in the morning- nothing fancy though, which is fine because while in Key West, you should really check out Blue Heaven for breakfast!!! As I said before, this hotel is definitely worth staying in based on its location alone!! I will be back to visit Key West in the spring of 2014 & will be booking a room at the Pegasus for my time in Key West!!!

I just wish the Pegasus offered some sort of discount for repeat customers...

• Stayed August 2013
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
You're right—this location is pretty hard to beat! It sounds like you had a fabulous stay, and we were thrilled to be a part of your vacation. Thank you, and we'll see you again next year! :)

Warm regards,
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Not only do they give u parking at a tiny fee ur entire stay but the rooms are great, theres a bar by the pool and ur in the middle of Duval street so u can party up in walking distance. The staff is super friendly and they sell beer at the hotel desk. They are all ready and eager to help you find the activities you desire and even give you coupons for certain attractions.

• Stayed July 2013
Great tip, Miche'le—we do have beer for sale at the front desk! It sounds like you had a fabulous time in Key West, and it was lovely to be a part of it. Thanks, and come back and see us next time you need a little sunshine!

Pegasus Management

Been to Pegasus International Hotel? Share your experiences!