We read all the reviews and arrived a little concerned. We got exactly what we paid for, clean rooms at a good price right on Duval St. The hotel is located in the center of Duval St about 2 blocks from the bars so it is very quiet.
Just be prepared for what it is and is not. It’s a discount hotel with a great location.
The free breakfast is a joke; however we intended to eat out every meal so it had 0 impact on us. The lobby is about 10 square feet. The elevator holds 2 people with luggage. To get to our room (216) you had to go to the second floor, walk outside (in the rain) around the pool to our door. No big deal.
I met 3 different receptionists while I was there, all were Russian. I talked with them about my recent visit to their country and none of them could do enough for me. Yes to start they were introverted but after 1 day they were welcoming us by name.
The great location and reasonable price trumps any of the negatives. I will return.
- Also Known As:
- Pegasus International Key West
- Hotel Pegasus International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pegasus International Hotel is a charming Art Deco hotel located in the heart of Key West. Many activities, popular sites, restaurants, shopping, bars and clubs are within a short walking distance. Thirty newly renovated rooms offer modern comfort such as cable TV, phone with data port, free wireless internet, air conditioning, refrigerators, microwaves, and irons with ironing boards. Also, our rooftop sundeck with a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi offers views of the bustling Southard and Duval Streets. Spice Lounge is the hotel’s onsite, poolside tapas bar featuring a unique Indian Tapas menu and excellent drink selection. Parking is available for all guests at a flat rate. Shuttles from the airport and ferry are also available upon request. Limited room service is also available from various local restaurants.Activities nearby include diving, snorkeling, fishing, city tours, golf, pirate tours and pub crawls, Dry Tortugas National Park, Fort Jefferson Ferry, The Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory, Key West Seaplane Adventures,Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, Mallory Square, Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, The Hemingway House, bars, nightlife, clubs, shopping, restaurants and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Pegasus International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.