“Best new years ever” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Inn   |   124 Duval Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #81 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
“Best new years ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

Spent new years here! I love this secluded hotel right next to sloppy joes where we watched conch drop couldn't be a better location to stay made for a perfect evening when I proposed to my girlfriend/fiancé I will never stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

If you want the marriot go to the marriot! For real key west charm stay here! Located on Duvall giving visitors access to nightlife and daylife surrounded by bars, restaurants and a plethora of tourist traps! A stone throw away from Mallory square where locals and tourists join together for shows and beautiful sunsets. I could not imagine a better place to stay on key west!!!

• Stayed August 2011
Palm City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

All I can say is "What a freaking Joke". We feel we were highly taken advantage of. From the day one of our arrival it was nothing but dealing with rude unprofessional people. Here is a list of the negetive aspects, 1. rooms were nothing like the pictures.2. The person who check us in was rude- hung up on us when needing directions. 3. No one who worked there would tell us who owned the place. 4. Charged more than we were told, when we called to discuss the charges, we were hung up on. This was absolutly the worst place to stay. I would highly advise not dealing with them all together. Put it this way, I am in the process of reporting this place to the bettere business bureau. I have stayed in Hostels that treated me better. If you decide to stay there, "GOOD LUCK"

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reading, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Have vacationed in Key West every February for the past 10 years, this was our first time staying at Old Customs House Inn....It was perfect! Location is the best, especially if you enjoy shopping, site seeing and the night life! Suite was adorable, hard wood floors, two comfy double beds with an extra pull-out mattress to sleep six comfortably, spacious and very clean. Much nicer than any cottage we have rented in the past, and for less money! No need for a taxi, it is in the heart of Key West!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with direct access to the deck.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Old Customs House is the best place to stay in Key West! Its in the perfect location, as you walk to your room, its like a pc of tropical heaven.. as ur greeted by ur "pet" cat and Pickles the bird its a Home away from Home! Room was perfect, clean, and somber! As you have the Smallest bar not only at ur service but its a hoot of a good time! The owner Josh makes everything so welcomin and you couldnt ask for better service... I recommend the old customs house to everyone. Its definetly the place we will stay everyx we arrive on duval! Its like family.. thx Old Customs House you deserve a 5 star and then some!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Redington Shores, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

If you want a good honest review, ask me. I am from Key West and took my cousin, neice( who turned 21) and her two friends. I have never stayed here. When you check in at 3 pm, the check in desk is the smallest bar in the world! Josh is great.. He wears many hats! The room was perfect!! Slept 6 and a kitchen too! Ask me any questions and I will tell you honest. The room had comfortable beds, clean sheets, nice towels and facecloths and the housekeeper was there daily. It was a suite and it worked out very well. Pretty wooden floors. It is the best location I know............

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I too, like some other posters, after reading all the reviews, was a bit hesitant about staying at the Old Customs House Inn. After spending four days and three nights in this location I have to admit I was not only surprised but pleasantly pleased. Old Customs House Inn is literally steps from Hogsbreath, Sloppy Joe's, Captain Tony's and so many of popular locations. I can't tell you the countless times we were able to go back to the room to drop of purchases, relax, grab a beverage out of the fridge or whatever due to the convenience. Sure there were things that weren't perfect but they were so minor that I hardly noticed after the first impression. Sure the TV isn't the latest and greatest, but it provided more than ample for the few minutes it was watched (who hangs out in the room and watches TV in the Keys anyway), the water pressure in the shower stall or toilet wasn't the best (but where is it on the Island) and if you're a large person you might have difficulty with the shower stall. The room itself was large, the bed was comfortable (the trundle bed was a mattress on the floor - didn't use it, didn't need it) and clean, the small kitchenette area was useful (bring your own coffee). The resident cat made herself right at home in our room (beware to allergy people) and the parrot was entertaining. Overall for the price and location - no complaints, not even from the band at Hogsbreath until 2:00 a.m. It was free entertainment sitting on the upper deck with beverages and friends. Just remember you're in Key West and should be enjoying yourself outside of the room - the weather is here wish you were beautiful!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Old Customs House Inn? Share your experiences!