My wife and I stayed at Sunset Key the week of July 13th. This was our second stay at this resort and like the last we really enjoyed it.
The restaurant onsite Latitudes has excellent service and food. The only hiccup with our stay was the first evening when there was a blackout.
When we got back to the Island after dinner on Duval we were unable to get into our room as there was no electricity. After sitting in the lobby for
over an hour I asked for some ice water which I was told they did not have. There were not enough seats in the lobby so we asked if we could
sit in the bar but was told we could not since it was closed. The night manager eventually showed at 12:30 am with keys and got us into our rooms.
Along with no AC our room was in the 90s and the fact that they were working on a cable just outside our bedroom door made it very difficult to sleep.
I always carry a flashlight with me when I travel and thankfully I do, since we were all told the resort did not have any to lend us. The Resort needs to
have some sort on contingency plan when something like this happens. Also there was no mention of any sort of compensation for the
inconvenience. Overall we had a good stay at Sunset Key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West Old Town historic seaport district featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Westin Key West
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest