Shortly after New Year we spent a long weekend at Westin Sunset Key. We loved it!
Having been to Key West several times before I was surprised to find how effortlessly removed from activity one can be here. The ferry takes you in 15 min to and from K.W. this resort is a relaxed oasis with a sand beach.
Our beach house faced the water and I highly recommend that upgrade. The porch was terrific to sit on, day and night.
The casitas are nice but not luxurious. Clean and cottage like, still above average. The pool area was tropical and set within the green landscaping. I liked the central building which had an island feel. It housed spa services (massage was good, I didn't see a full spa) an attractive gift shop, a restaurant with terrace, and a check in- information desk. Registration is on the KW side. The boat ran late enough for our activities and we used it 1-2 times a day. The resort is it on S.K.
What a treat to stay near a busy active town, do it all, and retreat to a private island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Cottages, A Luxury Collection Resort, is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West, featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Sunset Key Cottages, A Luxury Collection Resort, Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Westin Key West
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest