“Perfect in everyway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 41 hotels in Key West
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect in everyway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I rented a 3 bedroom cottage for 3 weeks in February at the Westin Sunset Key cottages. Every aspect of the hotel was perfect. The staff was friendly and very accommodating . The cottages were very clean and well kept. The food at Latitudes restaurant was superb. I would definitely come back!!!

• Stayed February 2013
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay on Sunset Key and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We just returned from our vacation at Sunset Key Guest Cottages in Key West where we stayed in a 3 bedroom/3 bath cottage. Let me start by saying....."We did not want to leave". The cottages are appointed beautifully with every amenity imaginable. Each morning we received a complimentary basket with fresh bread, muffins and fruit to jump start our day. Each day we ventured to the beach, placed our towels on comfortable lounge chairs under a thatched roof tiki hut which overlooked the blue Gulf of Mexico. The food and beverage service was on point. Our server was wonderful and took care of all of our food and beverage needs. while on the beach.
Latitudes, the on-site restaurant is a must. The food was exceptional, the service was outstanding and The View will take your breath away. Make a ressie for dinner and arrive early to order a cocktail from their beautiful bar and Celebrate the Sunset.
Make a reservation and enjoy this fabulous property as a couple, family or with friends. Sunset Key Guest Cottages is a Beautiful Stay in Paradise.

Room Tip: This property is so beautiful that each cottage is in a beautiful setting.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your positive review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay on Sunset Key and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A lovely experience , beautiful boat ride to the Island , very professional staff & amazing food Pricey but well worth it .
Reservations a must, outside is perfect.
Dessert are awesome the perfect size
Great Martini"s

• Stayed May 2012
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment-it's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay. Thank you for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Don't be fooled. I was tricked and then robbed, by Starwood! I booked a vacation for my husband and myself, and the rep who was helping me said there were two great room options and that i should put both on hold and cancel the one i didn't want. i was hesitant because this is not us so I put both on hold at no charge. A couple of months prior to our trip we had to cancel our reservation. I called and told a rep my name and to cancel my trip. After not receiving ANY cancellation emails, I called back a couple weeks later to make sure it was cancelled. A rep assured me that I was based on my name (did not ask me my confirmation number) and I left it at that. wouldn't my name have been on TWO reservations?! A couple days before we were supposed to go on our trip, I received an email saying that the hotel was "ready and awaiting our arrival!". Well that's weird, i thought. So I called, and sure enough, one of my rooms had NOT been cancelled. I spoke to many people, accounting, customer service..the file even got transported to Ireland!!! They said they would have to check phone records, which I was happy to hear as my case would have been won, but sure enough, their phone records don't go back farther than a month. So they did not give me the benefit of the doubt, and I was charged my deposit. In fact, I was first charged my entire stay until I proactively called and had to explain my story all over again to someone else, who removed the $2,000 charge but could not give me my lost deposit back. I have received many "Thank you for staying with us" emails the past couple of days. Get with the program, Starwood. I have no doubt I was tricked into holding two rooms and conveniently only one was canceled. SHAME ON YOU STARWOOD!
-Ann, Angry Houstonion

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Loved everything about Sunset Key! The location, service, Latitudes Restaurant (Eve and Dan were awesome!). Everyone was very friendly, nothing was a problem. The ferry was timely and quick, the sunsets amazing.I could go on and on.

Room Tip: The beachfront cottages are amazing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing this review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time on Sunset Key and we will pass along the good review to Dan and Eve!

Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife, another couple and I stayed at Sunset Key Guest Cottages for two nights while in Key West. It was the highlight of our trip in south FL. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and this place still exceeded my expectations even though it received great reviews. Located on a private island approx 5 minutes off of Key West by boat, it's a peaceful relaxing spot with easy access to the craziness of Key West. Check-in was easy at the Westin Key West. The bellman packed up our suitcases and shipped them over to the island. We hopped on the boat and headed over and there was a staff member waiting for us on the dock when we arrived. She gave us a quick tour and took us to our two bedroom ocean view cottage. Everything on the island is well maintained and the buildings are appealing to look at.

The cottage was fantastic. Right on the shore, well laid out very comfortable and high end. The bedrooms were spacious as were the porches (great spots to hang out and enjoy the ocean view). The island is very quite and relaxing at night and I found the bed very comfortable. Every evening the staff drops off some chocolate, bottled water and orange juice and in the morning they leave a picnic basket with fresh fruit and fresh baked muffins, banana bread, poppy seed bread, etc.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. We had appetizers at the bar in Latitudes (a highly recommended restaurant, though we did not eat dinner there). The atmosphere, food and bar staff were top notch. I highly recommend staying Sunset Key Guest Cottages as it's a great experience, just be prepared to lighten your wallet a bit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay on Sunset Key! Thank you for the good review and we look forward to your return visit to Key West!

Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just got back from Key West and staying at the Sunset Key Cottages. This is part of the Westin Resort. You actually leave your car at the Westin Hotel on the mainland (where the boat picks you up). The Westin Hotel is in the center of everything in Key West. The cool part is that you leave the mainland to your own small island called Sunset Key. The cottages are phenomenal. All of them are near the beach and pool (and hottubs). And of course Latitudes restaurant which is also right there...which is a highly rated restaurant that can server you all three meals if you need it. You should definitely try at least dinner there once, its great. You also get complimentary muffins and bread and orange juice every morning on your porch and water in the evening. We were told they would even stock your fridge/room for you if you wanted something specific prior to arriving. I mean, how can you go wrong there? The beds were extremely comfy and the whole experience was fantastic. The boat back and forth to KW mainland was every 1/2 hour 24 /7. It drops you right off in historic KW and 1 block from all the action on Duval Street. The staff was always helpful and on top of things. I could not give this place a higher rating and Ive been to a lot of nice places.

Room Tip: Get what you need for rooms as nearly all the cottages have a great view and are close to the pool/h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience on Sunset Key! Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit!

Sales and Marketing Manager

Been to Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort? Share your experiences!