First time at Sunset Key in December. It is a gorgeous little island just a short 10-minute ferry ride from the heart of Key West (scheduled ferry leaves every 30 minutes from the island and from Key West until pretty late at night and then smaller boat takes you after hours). Stayed in a two-bedroom cottage with 3 full bathrooms (so your visitors don't have to go into your room) and a small but full kitchen. Full-size fridge you can stock yourself if you want to haul things from the mainland. Daily AM free delivery of various breads, muffins, apples and oranges. Starbucks coffee provided that you can make for free. Great private porch where you can start your morning. We stayed right next to the pool, which is lovely and also has 2 hot tubs (didn't see a posted close time, which might be nice addition at least for the hot-tub which one night had some late-night partiers just outside our bedroom windows...). Registered Sunset Key guests can bring others over to the island on the ferry, but the whole experience is very private and super classy.
The restaurant on the island is absolutely fabulous. Great wine list and each course was better than the next and perfectly prepared! Nothing is easy on the wallet, but for a treat the restaurant and the views from it are just fabulous.
Another great unadvertised amenity is the island lockers with two full bathrooms. We had a morning checkout but an evening flight. The wonderful staff let us put our bags in the lockers right by the main house and the ferry launch and gave us key card access. After a day at the Sunset Key beach and pool, we could take a relaxing shower and get cleaned up for our departure. That made our last day really great!
Key West has a ton of cruise ship traffic that blocks a large part of your view if in Key West during the day. Being on the island across the way, with its private beach, was completely removed from the cruise ship world and the thousands of tourists on 'em.
As advertised, sunsets in Key West are just beautiful and are worth scheduling your day around. Would recommend a stay at the Sunset Key Cottages. A first-rate experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Cottages, A Luxury Collection Resort, is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West, featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Starwood, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Key Cottages, A Luxury Collection Resort, Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Westin Key West
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest