We usually go to Turks and Cacios for Thanksgiving....however, we decided to try something new. It was nice being in the US and not having to worry about passports for everyone....However, the flying time was no different than going to Turks....
We arrived into Key West and had a very short boat ride to Sunset Key.....Our villa was very nice...right on the ocean which mind you can be a bit breezy...We had a group of 12 so we had 2 villa's..They both had kitchens and beileve it or not I was disapointed because we didn't have a full cooking kitchen...We had a microwave and a cooktop and full fridge...however, no stove, limited cookware and serve ware...we couldn't really cook a full meal if we wanted to but could make Mac and Cheese for kids etc..... traveling with 5 kids this is pretty important to me...also is a washer and dryer and there were neither in our unit....most didn't have them...
We enjoyed the sunsets, spa, fitness facilities, pool and Latitudes.....all very good....I didn't enjoy having to take the boat over to Key West....we did on a limited basis however, I found Key West to be not very kid friendly.....tooo many bad t-shirt's, bar's and drunks.....However, if you plan on staying on Sunset Key with kids it is very nice!!! In the end it isn't Turks and Cacios and we had a new experience....all in all ...I can't give Key West a full thumbs up in the kids department.......
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel
- Westin Key West
- Sunset Key
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest
- Sunset Key Guest Cottage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West Old Town historic seaport district featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Olotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.