“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

Great place to stay in. It was very clean and quiet. It is walking distance from Duval St. A nice and safe environment. I would return every year if I could!

• Liked — It was like being in your own home!
  • Disliked — High cost to replace a lost key. Make sure to keep them with you!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ironton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

We were in Key West for Easter break and it was wonderful! We stayed at the Travlers Palms which has a total of 4 units with the Captains Quarters , which is where we stayed , as the largest of the 4. It included 2 large bedrooms a large livingroom with a pull out bed and two baths. The kitchen ran the length of the unit and was equiped with eveything. The only problem we had was we rented two bikes and one got stolen the first night we were there. We felt like it might have been an inside job with someone telling someone else they were in there because it was a locked compound. They would have had to jump the fence or someone had a key or let them in....i did have to pay to replace the bike...bummer on Easter plus my mom fell and dislocated her shoulder so we spent Easter evening at the emergency room...but we said what a place to recover------It was a cab ride to Mallory Square where we went alot of the time but the unit made up for it...Nice pool and hot tub and very relaxing atmosphere. We used the grill many evenings and saved some $ because it is very expensive to eat out down there...i would reccommend this place and after all was said and done we hated to leave....I also had two teenagers 16 and 18 with us and they really enjoyed it also...I was afraid they might get bored but the unit jsut seeemed to meet everyones needs and wants....Nice experience!!!!

• Liked — The whole unit and pool with hottub
  • Disliked — That the location was not within walking distance from Mallory Square.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

Staying at Travelers Palm was the ideal Key West stay! I had really wanted to stay at an Inn near the Historic Seaport and Olde Town. Travelers Palm was within easy walking distance to Duval Street. The room I stayed was Long Key Loft. It was a cute little room which was all I needed for the 1 night I was in town. The pool, bbq area was a nice, quiet and relaxing area to spend some down time. The only negative was that the pocket door between the bathroom & living areas didn't work and only a small curtain was provided - so much for restroom privacy. Other than that I would totally return to Travelers Palm the next time I'm in Key West!

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Stayed at this condo a few years ago, so my details might not be that crisp. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters, which seemed to be the largest condo/room at Traveler's Palm.

It had 2 Bed/2 Bath and a sleeper sofa. The rooms were spacious, and clean, so that's a plus. The pool was nice and oasis-like, but pretty small, so that you wouldn't want to share it with anyone...for a romantic experience. Nice grill and garden, very secluded. The kitchen was big and adequate enough for throwing a party. Though, we found some strange artistic sculptures adorning the tops of the cabinets, (if you see them, you'll know what I mean!).

Some weaker points. The maid never showed up to clean, or even to refresh our towels over a 4/5 day stay. The roof leaked after a storm leaving a large puddle on a hard tile floor (which wouldn't have been pleasant to slip on). The place is pretty far away from most touristy stuff, so you do need some type of transportation to get to cool stuff. The closest beaches (let alone most of the beaches on Key West) are not swimmable, unless your standards are very low. Lots of natural debris and seaweed, but very pretty in general.

Overall, I would stay again. The place had a cozy feel to it, and you felt very independent and unsurveillanced. Nobody was watching, so you feel almost like you're in the comfort of your own home.

• Stayed August 2003
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

What a place ! Traveler's Palm Guesthouse on Catherine and Royal Street in Key West is our favorite. In fact, this was our fifteenth visit to the Palm. The lush tropical foliage around the pool and jacuzzi make it so relaxing and the hammocks beneath the palm trees are a great place for reading and napping. Our unit, Shell Key Studio, came with a well equipped kitchen and was clean and cozy. Since there are only five units, there is plenty of privacy. My husband and I actually plan our vacations around when we can stay at Traveler's Palm - we love the Old Town location and the people we have met during our stays have been delightful. Plenty of parking - not far to Duval - you can't beat it folks !

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

My boyfriend and I went to Key West in May of 2005 for the first time and found the Travelers Palm on Catherine Street while searching online. I was pleasantly surprised by the inn, which is small and intimate, while manageably close to Duval and other hot spots, though you should be prepared to walk some distance or ride a bike. The rooms were clean and the kitchenettes were well-stocked. It was wonderful to have a pool, grill and hammock right outside your doorway, almost like having your own home in paradise. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

I saw this place online (the location on Catherine street, the Conch House)and it looked really cute so I booked it. When we got there, I was a little concerned because the surrounding block was a little run down, but when we walked through the gate, we loved it. It was not a fancy hotel, more like a house with a nice backyard, but that was what we were looking for. It was relaxing and private. Since it was not a big hotel, there was only three other guests there and we did not see them much. We had run of the pool, which was very clean, and had a barbeque on the gas grill they had. We also liked that it had a kitchen. You may not choose this place if you are looking for luxury or large rooms (or privacy if you are going with another couple, the bathroom door and one of the bedroom doors were slotted doors that did not have much sound proofing), but it was fun and I can't remember the last time I felt that relaxed. I will go back there. We did not like that we were running late and was not sure that we were going to make the 11:00 check out so when we called to say that we would be a little late, the girl told us ok, as long as you can be here in 10 minutes...which was 11:05. So that was a little annoying that we asked for extra time and they were not so understanding. So overall, we loved it.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Travelers Palm Inn? Share your experiences!