“Alan and Carol "Great Location and Price"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heron House Court

Save Saved
You added Heron House Court to your Saves list
Heron House Court
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   412 Frances St, Key West, FL 33040 (Formerly "Fleur De Key Guesthouse")   |
Ranked #50 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Meriden, Connecticut
“Alan and Carol "Great Location and Price"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Heron House Court is exactly how it is pictured. Very nice location and the hotel staff are very hospitable. You are very centrally located to downtown, Duval Street, the beaches and the airport. Walking is not a problem and there are two excellent restaurants around the corner - Azur and Michael's. Roman will help you with any questions you might have and always has a smile. He remembers everyone's first name and will take the time to chat with you during his busy day. We came back home very relaxed and would go back in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Heron House Court turned out to be a great place to stay! It is off the beaten path and about a 15 minute walk to Duval. I had never stayed at a B&B before & Roman made this experience wonderful! Anything you ask for, he is willing to help. He gave us wonderful suggestions on places to go. Roman really makes your stay personal & makes you feel important. The breakfast was simple...coffee, cereals, breads, hard boiled eggs & such. While we were in Key West we did not get to try out the pool or hot tub due to weather but they looked very inviting. The B&B can use a little TLC such as fresh paint, but was kept clean. If you are used to resorts, this is not the place for you. If you you like something more personal, Heron House Court is right up your alley! We stayed in room #7 which looks down at the hot tub from the second floor....nice room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I wanted to share my recent experience at the Heron House Court. My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Heron House Court for a 3 day visit, which was a last minute booking. We stayed in room #4 (1st floor, standard queen size bed). We really enjoyed the quaint, quiet atmosphere at this bed and breakfast. Our room had a window AC unit and a ceiling fan; and the temperature was just right for the warm Key West day outside. There was a mini refrigerator, safe, and plenty of closet space. The bathroom had a shower, and our only problem was the dripping water in the sink. But no worries, we slept so good in the room! The front desk / host, Roman, was a true pleasure to meet. He greeted us everytime he saw us with a smile and lots of information on Key West. Every morning, we sat outside for breakfast, in which we enjoyed the teas, juice, boiled eggs, breads, and pastries. What a nice way to start our day off in Key West. We rented bikes and there is a bike rake on the side of the property for guests to secure their bikes. Would we return to this property? Yes. Would we try a different room? Yes. Overall, we feel like the nightly last minute rate we paid (about $125/night) was fair. And, we would stay at this property again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Best bed I ever slept on, spacious room but tight bathroom. The host Roman is joyful and informative and he is always willing to help the guests with anything they need. Close enough to the bars but far enough away to have a quiet night sleep.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has privacy but no direct access to a deck like the ground floor or to the pool area.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Firenze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Me and my husband had a 3 day stay at Heron House.The B&B is really nice,clean and with a friendly atmosphere. Roman ( the host) is joyful and always ready to help his guests.
The location is perfect, 15 mins. walk to Mallory Sq.. Car needed to the beaches.
The Breakfast though could be bettered.
We enjoyed our vacation and really suggest it if you drop by in Key West.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We visited Key West for the first time & stayed at the Heron House Court. What a neat place ! The room was small, but cozy & comfortable. The TV/VCR combo was a bit outdated, but we didn't spend much time watching TV, so that wasn't an issue. Breakfast was delicious - continental style with a variety of breads, cereal, granola, hard boiled eggs & lots of OJ & coffee. Very European. We met more German & Austrians during our stay than Americans and it was fun hearing of their US adventures. The biggest asset of the Heron House Court was Roman, the Concierge. He made sure everyone was well taken care of - treated each guest as family ! Recommended awesome nearby restaurants and made reservations for bike rental, excursions & taxis. A true gentleman. He greeted us upon our late arrival and was there every day making sure we had everything we needed. Out of all the places we've traveled, the attention we received from Roman was top-notch - outstanding ! The Heron House Court is not your typical hotel - it is a bed & breakfast - so if you're looking for a more quiet, intimate setting with gorgeous grounds, we would highly recommend it. About a 10 minute walk to Duval Street in a residential neighborhood.

Room Tip: There are two levels - we stayed in an upstairs room but there are pool view rooms and suites availa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I just returned from a four night stay in Key West. First, I really loved the community. There is lots to do and I had some of the best meals I've ever eaten. Now to the Heron House Court. I have never seen a location so misrepresented. I stayed in Room # 7. The blinds on the front door are cheap metal mini blinds - bent, missing to the point that there was no privacy unless I put my suitcase on the luggage rack and leaned it against the blind in such a way to block the gaps. Second, and I am not exaggerating - the room was not even completely painted. The ceiling is 2/3 or so repainted. The bathroom door has streaks of enamel as if someone was sampling a paint color. Same with the trim in the bathroom. There are chunks missing from the sheetrock in both bedroom and bathroom. There is a big hunk out of the trim over the doorway into the room. The headboard of the bed is wrought iron metal and not even attached to the bed. Therefore, when sitting or laying on the bed, the headboard bangs the wall. The bed was atrocious; the pillows were of the chopped up foam rubber variety. The furniture, which is advertised as "local art", was basically garage sale leftovers. The pictures on the wall were cheap prints - mildew under the glass and a few were dirty on the exterior. The plug in the bathroom would not support both the hairdryer and a shaver or electric toothbrush. You had to choose. I had one nice shower in the four days and the remainder, the water temp varied between lukewarm and cool. The fabric shower curtain was a peach color that had been splashed with bleach so the bottom half was spotted peach/white. The toilet had a layer of black under the rim - I didn't check it close enough to see if it was mold or corrosion. As previously written in other reviews, the a/c units are all window and old ones. My room had two - one that apparently had stopped working but they left it and just installed another old one in the window. The entire time I was there, the pool was dark green. No one should have been swimming in that pool. The breakfast part of the B & B was basic..coffee, tea, juice, cold cereal and bagels. One last thing...the day prior to my arrival, I called to arrange for early check in as my plane was due in @ noon. "No problem," I am told. When I arrived, Roman couldn't help me. The only thing he could do was phone me when my room was ready. "No, whomever told me the room could be ready early should not have done so." No explanation, really. Since I had paid for the entire trip in advance, I felt more or less imprisoned by the Heron Court. Since Roman had told me that the place was entirely booked, I did not see any point in telling him that I was very dissatisfied with my room. My saving grace was friends who were just up the street at the Marquesa. I stayed up there most of the time. Even if you are on a budget, as I usually am, you can do better than this. I have traveled a good bit, both in the US and abroad. I do not recall a worse oversell than this place though I will say that other rooms appeared nicer than mine was. Maybe this was the room they hadn't finished updating yet and rented out thought they should not have. For the record, I booked the trip over 3 mos. in advance. I have stayed at Motel 6s that nicer than this.

Room Tip: There are a plentitude of both hotels and B & Bs in Key West. Keep looking!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Heron House Court? Share your experiences!