“Great place, great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Cross Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Southern Cross Hotel
326 Duval Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #74 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great place, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Southern Cross. Renner was fantastic, and the location couldn't have been better ... right in the heart of everything Key West! Good value for the money, will definitely stay there next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for 3 days. Located directly on duval. Rooms were clean. Construction was going on but otherwise it was quiet. Rooms were remade when we were out, perfect. Perfect location!!! Small rooms are very small!! Only a curtain to desperate bathroom and room. Staff is super friendly!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in the new wing very very nice white marble floors in the room as well as throughout.
And beautifully designed new rooms
The service was outstanding.
Location is great.
Under construction so some noise but they did let me know that in advance which I was fine with.
The new wing and pool area Feels like a big spa retreat modern beautiful.
Can't wait for it to finish so I could give five stars.

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My hubby & I have stayed here several times over the years and we love the quaint & cozy rooms. Is it a swanky high-rise, no. But, it is Key West kitsch to a fabulous tee! Renner is always quick with the check-in and filled with helpful advice & recommendations for meals, etc.
It's always clean, and if we need an extra pillow or blanket, it's never a problem.
Renner has gladly held our luggage for us when we arrived before check-in so that we could hit Duval Street without delay, (Thanks Renner!!). We have recommended this hotel to many friends and they have nothing but GOOD things to say. We will be going back in a few weeks, and are very much looking forward to seeing the massive addition and new rooms & pool!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I Love this place! Location, location, location...it is right on the good end of Duval St, across from Hard Rock and Sloppy Joes. Front counter folks are friendly and informative. I had a small room on a Sat night for $115, worth every penny. No Frills...no phone, no wifi but who needs that in Key west. Has a comfortable queen bed, clean bathroom and shower, and was about the size on a decent size master bedroom. If I have to come up with something bad, I had to let the shower run for a few minutes to get some hot water...no big deal! I will absolutely stay there again, can't beat it for the money.

Room Tip: Room 226 is right next to a large balcony overlooking Duval St.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great hotel! Perfect location. Affordable price. Super emloyees and good housekeeing staff.
Traveled with a friend so we booked individual rooms.May 31 thru June 5, 2013. The gentleman who checked us in carried our heavy suitecases up the outdoor stairs in the rain for us. My room had an a/c unit that didn't work well. Without hesitation, he changed my room and moved my things for me to a different room. There are house rules to follow and I occasionally saw the hotel staff walking thru the halls and property. I applaud them for being so diligent and felt much safer there than at most other places I've booked for my yearly visit to Key West. Loved the balcony that overlooks Duval St. Would only suggest that maybe some chairs or benches could be bolted to the deck outside and a laundry room would be nice. Funky little hotel with a unique Island history and flavor. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs in the old section. Great access to the balcony overlooking Duval St.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Loved this hotel. The price was right, staff incredible. We had a balcony that overlooked Duval Street, close to Hard Rock (across the street). The rooms were clean. My only suggestion that with the beautiful big balony is to maybe put some patio furniture out there. I loved standing there people watching and it was so close to everything. We went with two other couples and will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Southern Cross Hotel? Share your experiences!