We stayed in the Sun Room at the Mermaid and the Alligator in December 2012. This bright room is small with very efficient use of space, very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. Because it was on the 2nd floor, we had views of the treetops which made it seem like you were in a tree house or rain forest. The B&B was full when we were there but it was very quiet. We never heard anyone from the other rooms, nor did we hear any street noise, though this room faces the back gardens and not the street. The B&B might be considered 'off the beaten path' but don't confuse that with being far from the sites. It's an easy walk or bike to anywhere on the island. The staff will provide recommendations for all things and got us bikes to rent which we picked up the next day at the B&B. The Mermaid and the Alligator is different than other B&Bs I've stayed at. It has all the things you'd have at home but couldn't bring along (e.g. beach chairs, beach umbrellas, sunscreen, towels) and no knickknacks in the room taking up precious space. Breakfast is in the gorgeous garden area. The breakfast consists of several juices, muffins, yogurt, fruit, coffee and a hot dish that they prepare. All very good. Geri and Rebecca were very helpful and friendly and handled things quite while the owners were out of town. The two dogs Caya and Havana were mellow and just hung out. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it highly to anyone else. This is probably one of my favorite B&Bs that I've ever stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less