We stayed 3 nights in the Caribean Queen on the second floor which had it's own full length porch along the Truman Street side.There's a hammock too. Very nice place to relax but there are street noises at times. The Bed was a king size and very comfortable. Plenty of closet space and drawer space and the rooms has a programmable safe.
We stayed 2 nights in the Audobon Room on the first floor which had a second door opening to the pool/garden/dining areas which was very convenient. The Bathrooms for both rooms were kept very clean were both excellent. Again, plenty of closet space and drawer space. I liked this one better because the AC was central and not a window unit and there was a bathroom outside in the hall across from the room for when my wife taking too long. This bath featured a jacuzzi tub with jets and the shower had no enclosure as the bath was all tile. It made it much roomier.
My only complaints were with the Caribbean Queen. The bath had a broken door under the sink and the ipod dock remote was broken. Otherwise, the breakfasts were ample and varied and to my liking and there were snacks put out in the afternoon and late evening.
All in all I would have no problem returning to or recommending this B&B. They have earned their high rating. Having the dogs around was a plus and I'm afraid I spoiled them with dog biscuits.
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less