We escaped Minnesota in December and got a most relaxing getaway at The Mermaid and the Alligator. Jeri was always around when we needed assistance; renting bikes, scheduling tours, restaurant recommendations, and serving the breakfast -- it was beautiful and most delicious. The house was lovingly restored and is absolutely beautiful inside and out. We stayed in the Poinciana room. It was beautifully decorated with a well appointed bath and lovely porch. The house was quite decked out in holiday decor; it sparkled. But I'd imagine it would be quite lovely even without it's holiday decor. The gardens are lush and lovely. The pool was petite and still a refreshing oasis. Thanks, Mermaid and Alligator; you made our stay great!
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less