This place is a wonderful haven. Our little group had a very relaxing three days in the end of October. The B&B was so nice and cosy, we didn't want to leave. We stayed in the Key Lime room and the Papaya room. The rooms were kind of small by american standard but having a sound machine (who doesn't want to snooze to ocean waves?!) and your own porch complete with a rocking chair made up for that. Having access to the tv room in the main house with its tropical gardens was also a big plus. Breakfast was really good and and we especially enjoyed the 3 o'clock lemonade and 5 o'clock wine. 2 nights we ordered take-out and dined in, never has chinese food and pizza tasted so good. The garden has, besides the breakfast area, several seating areas where one can hang out and eat, drink, talk, sunbathe or read a book. Really, you don't have to leave if you don't want to. Last but not least I'd like to mention the great staff. Dean made us feel very welcome immediately and was very helpful when needed. The dogs were great company and we had a lot of fun playing with them. I would definitely go back and stay at The Mermaid and Alligator.
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less