We absolutely adored this place! My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon in October 2012. On arrival, we were shown around and given lots of information about the inn and Key West in general, and I have to say the inn captures the essence of the island perfectly! We stayed in the Garden Room, which was incredibly cute and comfortable, and had patio doors opening out into the gardens... which are serene and, whilst still being shared amongst the guests, felt really private and secluded... and included a spa pool, hammocks, actual lovebirds, and all sorts of exotic plants.
The staff were really helpful, booking an excursion in the mangroves for us and having a wealth of information on local restaurants. Our room was clean, well decorated, extremely comfortable, and relaxing. The shower room was particularly interesting (glass brick walls - don't worry, it's covered by exotic plants outside so no one can see), and the amenities were perfect (including free wifi and delicious-smelling soaps etc).
Caya & Havana, the gorgeous flat-coated retrievers, really added to the relaxed environment of the inn; especially for my husband and me who love dogs. Havana's a bit older and is happy to just chill out inside and escape from the heat, but Caya loves to play and will bring sticks to you while you're sat in the spa so you can throw them for her.
There is a general 'welcome to our home' feeling at the inn, where you can wander around at your leisure, there's free juices and snacks during the day, and free wine in the evening. We were so relaxed whilst staying here and really didn't want to leave!!
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less