“Lovely stay in a lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ibis Bay Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3101 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Key West
Bolton
“Lovely stay in a lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

After visiting the USA for the 3rd time we decided to do something different and drive from Orlando to Key West for 2 nights at the Ibis Bay Resort. We travelled as a family of four with two daughters 16 & 18 and we all enjoyed our stay. A very pleasant welcome and a good size family room that was adequate for our short stay. Staff were exceptionally friendly and were always there if you needed anything. Loved the shuttle bus as it saved us having to take the car out for the duration of our stay. Also loved the iguanas and tortoises. Staff at the Stoned Crab were outstanding especially the young woman from Jacksonville. Met some amazing American's whilst there from New York & Texas (we were all neighbours) and we had some good chats although I think my Northern British accent was hard for them to understand. Thank you everyone at Ibis for a lovely stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
I am glad you and your family tried something different and we were a good part of it. Sounds like you had a ball. Ibis Bay is specifically designed to be fun for families and couples. With all our water activities (and tropical animals!) there are lots of options. I appreciate you taking the time to help spread the word for us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Hungarian first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is clean, adorable and fits the needs for a great vacation. The owner, Chris, is on premises everyday except Sunday. He makes sure your stay is great. The workers are friendly and always there to make sure you are taken care of. The employees love to work there and love their boss. Their own landscape team are always cleaning and making the premises look inviting. They have jet skies, paddle boards bikes, scooters and more. They also have a short bus called "Life is too short bus" to take you to Duval St. Willie is the driver and hes priceless! Tortoises, Iguanas (they eat fruit and green leafy veggie like Kale and Romaine Lettuce), hammocks, lounge chairs, private docks, swimming pool with poolside movies and excellent food/drinks in their restaurant The Stone Crab Key West (great friendly bartenders). I travel alot and spend every year in the Keys. I am pretty picky about the places I stay and this has been one of my top favorite places. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Any room but I stayed beach front in 204. Quite sunrise and sunsets a dock, hammocks and lounge chai...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am having this review enlarged and hanging it on the wall behind my desk to remind my staff every day that they like me. LOL. I'm glad you had fun. We enjoy seeing our guests happy.
Charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently on property as I'm writing this review. The location is great, close to everything, but far enough away to avoid traffic and parking issues that key west offers. This place offers a free shuttle ride downtown every hour, which is cost efficient and saves time...especially with all the construction going on around the place. The staff is great as well. But to the negatives of this place, I knew when I booked here the room was small, no complaints there...again, I knew. What I did not know is our "private beach area" is the nasty backwoods part of the stinking bay area and is no fun. When we arrived, the room smelled like mold and must, I complained to the front desk, he said it's "low tide smell, it's all over the island". I've lived at the beach and I know what low tide smells like, but I waited it out anyways to give them the benefit of the doubt. After going to buy lots of air fresheners, I called and complained again and they sent maintenance to my room. Kudos for a less than 5 minutes response time, but he brought a can of air freshener...in which I just went out and bought. Lastly, the window unit AC makes annoying sounds, but it works very well, I like my room around 65 degrees and it's nice in the Keys heat. Overall, this place is acceptable. It's not a Ritz-Carlton, but you can tell what you're getting on the user friendly website. This place is old and fitting to the true Key West atmosphere you'd want. Yes it's pricey, but this is a tourist destination for world-wide travelers and business owners are in business to make money.

• Stayed July 2014
Ibis Bay is real Key West. It was built in 1956. We have renovated it without changing its character. When I travel I don't like slick and modern hotels, I prefer historic places. If you are like me, Ibis Bay is a great choice. It's Fabulous 1950s Florida. Thanks for staying with us and reviewing us. Its appreciated.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a sea view room. ( please note you can't swim in the sea- seaweed) but the views and pontoons with hammocks and loungers have made this one of the most fabulous places I have stayed. Funky and Eclectic but also clean and very comfortable with a very nice pool

Stayed July 2014
Thank you. I am glad Ibis Bay was your kind of place. Lexie, our macaw says, "Bye!"
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recently stayed at the Ibis Bay Resort for our Honeymoon. Overall it was a great trip; however, we booked it through Bookit.com and therefore it was a mystery package at a discounted price. The staff was extremely nice, and the room was clean but small. It is not the waterfront that they advertise, it is a dirty body of water. Also we stayed in room 513 ( economy ) and woke up every morning to the annoying birds right in front of the overpriced Stoned Crab restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
The best rooms at Ibis Bay are the one on the beach. Booking direct from our website gets you the better rates and you get to see inside all the rooms with our Google Virtual Tour. That way you can choose exactly what's right for you.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The cons, the bathrooms were extremely small! The mirrors were very tiny. the maids didn't give us new towels when they cleaned it, we had to request it.
The beds were uncomfortable. Very hard.
Other then those things the resort was super cute and fun!

• Stayed July 2014
If you come back to stay with us, call us directly to get our great "returning guest" rates. Booking services are great but booking direct with us on the website saves you money plus you can see room layouts, dimensions, photos and go on a virtual tour of the whole resort.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently stayed here with my two kids, 12 and 13, and found it to be a very nice hotel. The rooms are not large, but very clean, the place has a lot of charm, hammocks everywhere, a small, sandy beach area with floating docks sporting comfortable lounge chairs. Plus there is a dockside restaurant on the premises. Staff is friendly, there is a shuttle bus to Duval Street where all the action is in Key West or you are not far by car or bike (which they rent; motor scooters, too). I definitely recommend this place. It's really very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Nice photo! Thanks for choosing Ibis Bay. I am glad your kids had fun. It's a great family place. Lots to do. I hope they (and you) tried the night time clear bottom kayak tour with the LED lights. Its a great choice to see all of our night time marine life. Thanks for such a nice review too!! My staff will be proud.

Been to Ibis Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!