I had been rattling with this decision on where to stay for our Key West vacation for months before I booked this place & let me say we were not disappointed! Yes it would be great to have been able to afford a Hilton or Marriot type hotel but as we were celebrating the end of our academic career graduating from UF we needed to save some money.
First off, it was CLEAN!!! That's always my biggest concern w/bargain hotels. The bed was comfortable, nice tv, spacious bathroom, and a fridge. Wish they had a microwave, but still a good deal. The bay view was great & recommend it for anyone who books. Very nice to hangout on the hammock during the day or night. Also had beach chairs on the sand & on the docks.
In terms of excursions, we booked 2 things through the fun desk. 1) night time paddle boarding 2) jet ski tour. Both were awesome & worth the money! My suggestion is to actually get a kayak with a clear bottom for instead of paddle boarding because you are out there for like 90min and very tiring even for pretty in shape people like ourselves. Also you can see more with the clear bottom than on the paddle boards. Don't worry the bay isnt that choppy for you to lose your balance or anything. The jet ski was a lot of fun & definitely just pay for 1 & share it. It too can get tiring & are allowed to switch drivers when you want. We had Robbie A as our guide & he was great! We had us and an older couple on the tour so we really got to do what ever we want. He let us mess around with the skis during our stop at the sandbar, also he was a local & told us a lot of cool stories of what its like growing up in Key West. The fun desk had a lot of other things you could book through them too, if we ever go back we really want to try deep sea fishing.
We never got a chance to eat at the stone crab because my boyfriend really wanted to experience the different restaurants around Duval street & waterfront ones on the marinas. However, it looked like a lot of fun. The only draw back about the Ibis Bay is the location. Very far from downtown & the one night we took a cab to & from was pretty expensive. Would be cool if they had some kind of shuttle service like I observed some of the other hotels doing.
All in all you will not be disappointed with booking here. 2 kids just finishing their masters wanted to celebrate on somewhat of a budget & we did! Think both of us spent around $1200 each including lodging, meals, & excursions. Worth every penny!
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.