Based on the hotel website, we made reservations in January for a 2 night stay in April. We arrived in early afternoon. The man checking us in was very friendly. My husband is tall, we booked a room with the largest bed size offered, queen. Our room was on the 2nd floor, overlooking the parking lot behind the pool & restaurant. The doorjamb showed evidence of being kicked-in. The door lock was the type used on restrooms, it read "vacant" when we locked it upon exiting. The room was very small. There was no place to put two suitcases. The bathroom shower was the size of one found in a motor home. The room smelled very musty, covered by disinfectant. The beach area was uninviting and was next to a drainage ditch. We did not feel safe nor relaxed in this setting. We opted to stay elsewhere. When we returned to the office to inform them we cancelled our Expedia reservation, we were met with a surly attitude. This was extremely shocking because the Ibis Bay Beach resort received a full night's payment from us and would be able to re-rent the room! We were more than happy to loose a couple of hundred dollars than to stay in a place that was less than as depicted on their website.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.