The whole color scheme of this place gave us a feeling that we have finally started our holiday. The restaurant had a delicious menu. Try the seared ahi salad. The lunch time servers (Nicole, Tom and short hair bartender lady ) on the day we arrived were efficient, friendly and obliging. There was this great deal with the Ibis bay margarita with a $5 refill. Fabulous! The rooms were basic. I wish it had a table and some chairs in it. We had the courtyard room, even though we were across from the restaurant and the pool it was still quiet and relaxing. The manager even came round to chat with us. The receptionists could have been more professional and the evening staff seemed really stressed. We had young kids whom enjoyed the entertaining parrots and tortoises. Having hammocks by the pool was so relaxing. The oceanfront of the resort was so so but they kept the little beach clean and there were comfortable deck chairs and hammocks once again to enjoy the breeze. We would come back even though we felt that the evening staff wasn't entirely child friendly cos it was a unique experience and it matched what we thought that key west was about.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly the resort you dream of when you think of Key West. It's a friendly, quirky and original 1950s motel that has been remodeled as a modern beach resort. The landscaped sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms. The staff are very friendly Key West locals who love the island. There are only 8 hotels on the beach in Key West. Ibis Bay is the most affordable and the least stuffy. We offer family attractions such as the poolside Thursday night “Dive-In” movie on a 20ft screen, huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguana lizards and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. There's always something to do. Or if you are in the mood to do nothing, just chill out in one of 80 hammocks around the pool and on the beach overlooking the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Amex, Otel, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.