“Amazing - We'll be back!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ibis Bay Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3101 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #43 of 45 Hotels in Key West
New York City, New York
“Amazing - We'll be back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Yes, read the reviews... the rooms are no frills, but quirky, clean, bright, great views. Whatever the rooms "lack," the rest of the place makes up for in spades! (And who the heck hangs out in the room all day in Key West?!?!) From the second we arrived we felt like family. The front desk and "fun" desk (Scarlett!) were so helpful. Amy and Natasha... words cannot express my love and thanks for making us at home from the get-go. Steve... you were one of the most delightful, patient servers I've ever met... as was Jared who got me no less than three servings of toast during breakfast. Tommy - as Southerngirlsrock pointed out - and who is also fabulous (love you girl!!!!) was a fantasic and attentive pool bartender. The pool is clean and beautiful and the restaurant is excellent (see my other review). Finally, to Chris the owner and all around awesome rock star - Thank You. You obviously have a gem of a place that you cherish and want to grow and share with others, and we really, truly appreciate it. We will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: I know they are renovating, so maybe ask for a newer room, and the beachfront rooms have amazing vie...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I will now be unbearable to live with now because I am officially a RockStar! Excuse me while I trash a couple of hotel rooms. Wait! I can't do that, it's my hotel! Seriously, I am glad you had such a good time at Ibis and in the restaurant. I will show your review (with Chris is a RockStar highlighted) to everyone. Come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Fort Pierce, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our group of friends meet in Key West every year for the Offshore Powerboat Races and to hang out together.That means forgetting about work/home and eat well,drink hard,tan by the pool/ocean,and have lots of laughs.
Ibis Bay provides a comfortable,quirky,thoroughly enjoyable experience at a reasonable rate.
It's not the Bahamas-like decor,the coconut palm tree peppered grounds,the excellent restaurant,the parrots,iguanas,manatees,or giant turtles.It's not all the fun and exciting amenities.
What makes it memorable,above all,is the Ownership and Staff.You will feel like you somehow just met the greatest and happiest group of people on earth.Whoever hired and keeps these employees engaging should be outsourced for every hotel/resort in the world.We never wanted to leave!
Kudos to Chris,Tom,Claudine,AGOTH,and many others who make Ibis Bay a place to remember.
See you next year!

Room Tip: Rooms numbered in the 100's are on the beach with own hammock facing the ocean. The 500's a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you on behalf of everyone here. We really enjoyed you being here. You are great guests so it was a pleasure for us too. Now imagine all the Ibis Bay staff loudly shouting together, "Thank you and see you next year!"
Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Reception staff were very helpful with bike hire on site with an easy cycle into town. Rooms were ok however they had no safety deposit box which when you are travelling is a real pain. Had a nice steak in the restaurant pool ok but only ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad you enjoyed biking and the steak! Ibis Bay is the most afordable beachfront hotel in Key West. One of the ways we do that is to eliminate expenses that are rarely called for. Like personal safes. That enabled us to put more money into things everyone appreciates like UV light sanitizing for our linen. But I know this does legitimately inconvenience a few.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

November 11th – 15th

This Resort is just simply that, Amazing! From the moment we set foot on property, the staff made us feel like we were welcome with open arms and they were there to make our experience one to remember. We were greeted by Gina who was really nice and who also upgraded us to a loft suite! The room was really nice, very clean and close to everything on property also had wifi in the room upstairs and down. The wildlife that is located here turtles, parrots, iguanas, ibis birds and a manatee from time to time makes you feel like you are on kind of an island safari.

The staff that works the fun desk is just that, fun! They were a big help with booking our excursions and everyone there has a great attitude. The food at The Stoned Crab is crazy good! We ate there every day for breakfast and dinner and not one thing disappointed us. They also take 10% off the whole meal if you are staying on property and show them your room key. The pool bar being open every day is great along with the pool itself. We did meet Shannon, one of the best bartenders we have had on any trip down to Key West. We closed out the bar 2 nights chatting it up with her and we had so much fun. Shannon makes some great mixed drinks and always makes them with fresh ingredients (try the cucumber mojito). Thanks Shannon!

We are already planning our return to the Ibis Bay as well as working on having our wedding at the property. We are happy that we found this classic gem in our favorite place, and now we have found our favorite place to stay. Chris you are doing a great job!

Thanks again to the Ibis and the staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Its late and I thought i'll just check Tripadvisor before turning in and I got to read this wonderful review. If anyone was going to enjoy Ibis Bay the way I hoped they would it was you two. Every time I saw you both, you were surrounded by new friends and there was a fun buzz. Thanks from everyone. Come back. GET MARRIED HERE!! Please.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I just got back from staying at the Ibis Resort! What else can I say but thank you! From the staff, to my room to the location it was awesome! Tom, my pool bartender was always on top of making my drinks and did it with pride! The owners welcomed us like family. We met some fabulous people by the pool and ended our last night with them. The staff is very friendly offering tips and the best places to see and eat! I cannot wait to come back again, as was stated to me when we left, it's not a good bye but we will see you later! Ands that's for sure! Thanks a million times over!

• Stayed November 2012
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Making friends + Making memories + Wanting to come back. They are the real goals of a good vacation. I am glad we played a role in making that happen for you. Than you for coming and SEE YOU SOON!!
Venice, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We really liked the style in our beachfront room. Loved our little patio on the beach with hammocks nearby, the fun art and little painted details on the walls, lovely tile in the bathroom, large plush beach towels. So we were very surprised by the squeakiest mattress I have ever experienced-- truly comical! Luckily we're pretty "static" sleepers because any movement makes for quite a symphony of sound.

I'm giving 4 stars nevertheless because my overall experience was good--the restaurant has good food and there is a nice pool. Take note: wi-fi is only available in the public areas.

Room Tip: A room on the beach is worth it for the view. Beware the squeaky mattresses. Wi-fi only available in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am glad you had so much fun. We bought some mattresses that have started to squeak because it is often so humid here. I thought we got them all replaced but you found one. I will get it replaced. So thanks for letting me know. See you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I liked this hotel a lot. The rooms opened onto a waterfront patio and were spacious and clean. There were birds and manatees to see. The restaurant has free coffee out by 6AM. It was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go. But the outstanding feature was the customer service. The waitress ran up to the desk to confirm what time check out was. They responded immediately to every request we made. The desk clerk fixed the loose screw in my sun glasses! The manager stopped us on the walkway to ask about our experience. A trip to Key West should be easy and relaxing. You'll get that with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
A genuine smile, a simple "hello", a helping suggestion or an act of kindness are the memorable moments that make us all feel welcome. I think we interact more with our guests than a lot of hotels. It's actually the best part of our job. It's so nice to hear that it meant a lot to you. Thanks for letting us know.