Our group of friends meet in Key West every year for the Offshore Powerboat Races and to hang out together.That means forgetting about work/home and eat well,drink hard,tan by the pool/ocean,and have lots of laughs.
Ibis Bay provides a comfortable,quirky,thoroughly enjoyable experience at a reasonable rate.
It's not the Bahamas-like decor,the coconut palm tree peppered grounds,the excellent restaurant,the parrots,iguanas,manatees,or giant turtles.It's not all the fun and exciting amenities.
What makes it memorable,above all,is the Ownership and Staff.You will feel like you somehow just met the greatest and happiest group of people on earth.Whoever hired and keeps these employees engaging should be outsourced for every hotel/resort in the world.We never wanted to leave!
Kudos to Chris,Tom,Claudine,AGOTH,and many others who make Ibis Bay a place to remember.
See you next year!
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly the resort you dream of when you think of Key West. It's a friendly, quirky and original 1950s motel that has been remodeled as a modern beach resort. The landscaped sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms. The staff are very friendly Key West locals who love the island. There are only 8 hotels on the beach in Key West. Ibis Bay is the most affordable and the least stuffy. We offer family attractions such as the poolside Thursday night “Dive-In” movie on a 20ft screen, huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguana lizards and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. There's always something to do. Or if you are in the mood to do nothing, just chill out in one of 80 hammocks around the pool and on the beach overlooking the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Amex, Otel, EasyToBook, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.