“Nice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 41 hotels in Key West
Cambridge
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Reception staff were very helpful with bike hire on site with an easy cycle into town. Rooms were ok however they had no safety deposit box which when you are travelling is a real pain. Had a nice steak in the restaurant pool ok but only ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed biking and the steak! Ibis Bay is the most afordable beachfront hotel in Key West. One of the ways we do that is to eliminate expenses that are rarely called for. Like personal safes. That enabled us to put more money into things everyone appreciates like UV light sanitizing for our linen. But I know this does legitimately inconvenience a few.

638 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

November 11th – 15th

This Resort is just simply that, Amazing! From the moment we set foot on property, the staff made us feel like we were welcome with open arms and they were there to make our experience one to remember. We were greeted by Gina who was really nice and who also upgraded us to a loft suite! The room was really nice, very clean and close to everything on property also had wifi in the room upstairs and down. The wildlife that is located here turtles, parrots, iguanas, ibis birds and a manatee from time to time makes you feel like you are on kind of an island safari.

The staff that works the fun desk is just that, fun! They were a big help with booking our excursions and everyone there has a great attitude. The food at The Stoned Crab is crazy good! We ate there every day for breakfast and dinner and not one thing disappointed us. They also take 10% off the whole meal if you are staying on property and show them your room key. The pool bar being open every day is great along with the pool itself. We did meet Shannon, one of the best bartenders we have had on any trip down to Key West. We closed out the bar 2 nights chatting it up with her and we had so much fun. Shannon makes some great mixed drinks and always makes them with fresh ingredients (try the cucumber mojito). Thanks Shannon!

We are already planning our return to the Ibis Bay as well as working on having our wedding at the property. We are happy that we found this classic gem in our favorite place, and now we have found our favorite place to stay. Chris you are doing a great job!

Thanks again to the Ibis and the staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Its late and I thought i'll just check Tripadvisor before turning in and I got to read this wonderful review. If anyone was going to enjoy Ibis Bay the way I hoped they would it was you two. Every time I saw you both, you were surrounded by new friends and there was a fun buzz. Thanks from everyone. Come back. GET MARRIED HERE!! Please.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I just got back from staying at the Ibis Resort! What else can I say but thank you! From the staff, to my room to the location it was awesome! Tom, my pool bartender was always on top of making my drinks and did it with pride! The owners welcomed us like family. We met some fabulous people by the pool and ended our last night with them. The staff is very friendly offering tips and the best places to see and eat! I cannot wait to come back again, as was stated to me when we left, it's not a good bye but we will see you later! Ands that's for sure! Thanks a million times over!

• Stayed November 2012
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Making friends + Making memories + Wanting to come back. They are the real goals of a good vacation. I am glad we played a role in making that happen for you. Than you for coming and SEE YOU SOON!!
Venice, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We really liked the style in our beachfront room. Loved our little patio on the beach with hammocks nearby, the fun art and little painted details on the walls, lovely tile in the bathroom, large plush beach towels. So we were very surprised by the squeakiest mattress I have ever experienced-- truly comical! Luckily we're pretty "static" sleepers because any movement makes for quite a symphony of sound.

I'm giving 4 stars nevertheless because my overall experience was good--the restaurant has good food and there is a nice pool. Take note: wi-fi is only available in the public areas.

Room Tip: A room on the beach is worth it for the view. Beware the squeaky mattresses. Wi-fi only available in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am glad you had so much fun. We bought some mattresses that have started to squeak because it is often so humid here. I thought we got them all replaced but you found one. I will get it replaced. So thanks for letting me know. See you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I liked this hotel a lot. The rooms opened onto a waterfront patio and were spacious and clean. There were birds and manatees to see. The restaurant has free coffee out by 6AM. It was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go. But the outstanding feature was the customer service. The waitress ran up to the desk to confirm what time check out was. They responded immediately to every request we made. The desk clerk fixed the loose screw in my sun glasses! The manager stopped us on the walkway to ask about our experience. A trip to Key West should be easy and relaxing. You'll get that with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
A genuine smile, a simple "hello", a helping suggestion or an act of kindness are the memorable moments that make us all feel welcome. I think we interact more with our guests than a lot of hotels. It's actually the best part of our job. It's so nice to hear that it meant a lot to you. Thanks for letting us know.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were in a pinch to find a hotel for the boat show. Claudine answered my call and was able to find accommodations for us! She went above and beyond and that was awesome! The check-in and check-out was easy, fast and smooth. Our room was a waterfront room and it really was waterfront! Cute, cute, cute, old Havana style, tastefully appointed and the view was spectacular! I saw some comments regarding "the rooms were small" but it is an older hotel so that is generally to be expected. But again, they created a cozy atmosphere in the true Key West spirit!!! Hot water, good water pressure, clean beds, plenty of pillows. Love the old pictures on the walls. Grounds were clean, pool big and clean. Restaurant on property was great - had breakfast and lunch there. Add in the turtles and exotic birds on the premises and you have a winner! So thank you again Claudine for helping us - you rock :) !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Claudine has worked at Ibis Bay longer than anyone else. You found out why. Thank you for letting me know how well she did. She'll get a gold star!!
To me, being on the beach on Ibis Bay is like living in a Key West postcard. Out of 47 Key West hotels only 8 have their own beach. We are the most affordable.
Lake Wales, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was a little concerned about trying this hotel because of previous reviews, but I am so glad we tried it. We stayed there 3 nights and it was fantastic. The hotel property is very clean (was especially impressed with the beach areas) as well as the rooms. I want to give acknowledgement to the housekeeping staff their, especially Anna who cleaned our room (400) during our stay. We were in and out and had all our stuff (including bike gear) that she worked around. The only thing I was not impressed with was the restaurant or bar. Not really because they were bad but because a lot of the food was not to my taste. The service there was okay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Ibis Bay is a great place that was not great for a while. It is a historic coral gem built in the 50s. Our renovations have made it better in every respect, and unique just like Key West.
Thank you for your review. I hope we see you again soon. I will make sure Anna sees your review. She is terrific!

Been to Ibis Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!