Had waterfront room. Bed was very worn out, sagged to middle.
Fridge did not work when we got there. Called front desk, they sent engineer, he comes in and tells us its a ow capacity fridge and we had too much stuff in it. I said really? He barely spoke english, said all rooms were full so we just had to deal with it. He left, I checked back of fridge and found an issue.Fixed it myself and worked full blast the rest of the time.
We also requested a microwave which was not in room, called and they had to get us one.
We ate at their resteraunt and the food was pretty good but the service was awful. The girl was clueless right down to when she brought the check she did not give me a pen to sign the bill. She was dreadful throughout the meal.
Had to ask twice for housekeeping to wash the floor. And we tipped them everyday.
Pool area was nice, no hot tub. Pool bar is not open all the time, so plan ahead, but you are not allowed to bring your own into pool area.
They are doing a lot of upgrades such as new sand, hammocks a small dock etc. However you are waterfront not beach front. There is no beach.
Not sure we would stay again based on matress issue. Our backs were killing us. And no headboards lets the bed move away from wall and you lose your pillows.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly the resort you dream of when you think of Key West. It's a friendly, quirky and original 1950s motel that has been remodeled as a modern beach resort. The landscaped sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms. The staff are very friendly Key West locals who love the island. There are only 8 hotels on the beach in Key West. Ibis Bay is the most affordable and the least stuffy. We offer family attractions such as the poolside Thursday night “Dive-In” movie on a 20ft screen, huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguana lizards and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. There's always something to do. Or if you are in the mood to do nothing, just chill out in one of 80 hammocks around the pool and on the beach overlooking the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Amex, EasyToBook, Otel, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.