“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Berkeley, California
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The hotel was great for the price. If you are expecting a 4-star hotel quality room, you might be disappointed. The staff was kind and helpful. The room and bathroom were a bit small, but it was good enough for us. We weren't spending much time in our room anyways, so my wife and I just wanted a cheap room that was decent enough. I think Ibis bay met our standards very well.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I read the reviews of this place after Hotwire landed me there. Hotwire gives it a 2-star rating which is fair. The discount rate was about $50 less than what I could get elsewhere in town. They put us (my dad and I) into a single king bed room which had been renovated. It was sparse and decently finished. This room is what all of the people who liked the place must have stayed in. I asked to be moved to a room with two beds and that is where all of the negative reviews came true. The room had not been upgraded since likely the 1990's. The floor was a really odd and dirty looking tile that the beds rolled on when you sat on them. The TV was a 19" (while the king room had an LCD) and the remote didn't turn the set on or off. As someone else wrote in their review, the room had a musty smell which I figured was back flow from the shower (no tub) and after running water it wasn't as strong.

The "Beach" area is a sand box bound by armour stone. The wifi was only in common areas and if you angled your laptop just right. This site is at the edge of town and no where near the action. The staff were nice. The restaurant ran out of chicken wings at 8pm so instead I got the "Turk" and I would recommend it but the restaurant has a unique atmosphere for the side of US1. Spend $50 more and go elsewhere or if all you want to do is crash then the Ibis Bay resort is worth the 2 star price you paid.

Room Tip: new king suites only!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

Good service, very nice place, if you have children this is a good place for them, they have animal,

• Stayed December 2011
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

stayed 3 nights 12/6,7,8/11 Booked with Priceline total 267.75. When checking in we were charged $10 per night PLUS TAX. Making the room cost over $100 per night and it really wasn't worth it. It has been remodeled but the location is not near Duval or Mallory Square or the beaches. There is no phone, clock or coffee maker. There are 4 hangers on a hook on the wall but no closet.I had to go to the laundry room and ask for a hair dryer. We went to the office which is the only internet service area and we had a very difficult time getting on the internet. We did not use the pool or restaurant. It is the most basic hotel that I have ever staying in. We did get housekeeping service everyday. While we were in the office trying to connect to the internet a couple of customers came in to check in, they tried to decline the amenities fee because they were there for work and didn't need the pool, restaurant or internet but they were told it was not an option. I would not stay there again because it was not worth the extra 32.25 amenities fee.

Room Tip: I am going to look at the Best Western Key Ambassador and definately Orchid Key Inn on Duval.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Clean Room. Beautiful view. Excellent Room Plan. Friendly Staff. Amazing amenities. Decent Value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We booked through an online tool, not knowing what to expect. The rooms were very clean. The bed was more comfortable than the one we have at home. The staff was extremely helpful, accomadating and pleasent. We had a great time and would definitely stay again when we go back.

Room Tip: We had a master with kitchenette, made the food aspect more affordable.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tullahoma, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Ok Folks! If you are traveling on a budget, as I was, this is a fine place to stay. I recently flew to Key West last minute alone. The room is a place to stay! Hello.. you are in Key West. I didn't spend much time in my room. The room has a bed, tv with remote and a bathroom. The floor in my room was all tile. This would not be the ideal place if you are honeymooning and looking for frills. IT IS BASIC, but clean. It did not have a blow dryer or an iron. I didn't ask if you could get one from the office. Possibly? The staff IS WONDERFUL and fun! They can direct you on where to hangout etc. You can rent a bike or motorcycle from the lobby of the hotel. (approx. $75 bucks, cash or credit) I recommend the motorized scooter from the distance from Duval street.(about 3 minutes) It was fun too! The restaurant is a good place to chow.
I will stay here again and recommend it to my friends. We are late 20's and early 30's. Reminds me of a "spring break" hotel..

Room Tip: I would not pay anymore for the Bayview.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ibis Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!