So to start check-in was horrible they couldn't get the credit card machine to work must have took 20 minutes to check in with no one else waiting. You have to sign a checklist of all these fees if you do something like lose your key. (Apparently they only have 1 key to the room HA!) They say if you lose your key they will charge you $85 for a locksmith to replace the lock. So we go to our room and it is nice that they painted but they didn't air out the room at all. We smelled paint so strong for the 2 days we were there. The room was tiny, basically all they could fit in there was a king bed and a tiny table. There was no alarm clock, hair dryer, coffee maker, ice bucket, luggage stand wifi only at the bar, refrigerator, microwave, or even a tub, small stand up shower only. The bathroom in general was so small I could practically put my arms out and reach both walls give or take a foot. Thankfully the AC was loud so our baby could sleep otherwise we would have heard loud and clear the drunken music playing at the bar. Also the live music that was there my husband and I thought it was karaoke it was so bad. The bed was hard and not that comfortable the comforter had stains and rough spots as well. We had a small window but you couldn't really open the blinds because people walking by all the time could see right in your room. The service at the restaurant the 1st night was very slow and we were with a wedding which pretty much took up the whole hotel and they only gave 1 waitress to about 40 of us. The food at the restaurant was pretty bad we had dinner and breakfast there and it was average at best. The fruit bowl was warm and tasted spoiled as well. We chose to do to Denny's the next day. They have a little sandy area that has a turtle fenced in that I thought was rather sad. They also have a giant cage with parrots as well. The customer service over all was horrible. We even got to see the honeymoon suite that our friends were staying in and it was huge but kind of disgusting. The refrigerator was old and rusted like it had been left outside for years and they had a sign posted on the ac that you couldn't put the air lower than 75 because it would freeze up. So the bride and groom had to go buy fans for the room and the groom was sweating like crazy the day of the wedding because it was so hot in there. The pictures online are seriously misleading the rooms look pretty with the new paint and the TV but that is about it. Not to mention the TV only had 6 channels and they were all local ones. For a little more money you can stay at the Marriott right next door and you know what you are getting with the big chain. All the advertisements for this hotel are misleading. It is more a motel, we didn't see any spa, there is no wifi, or cable in the rooms. Absolutely worst stay at any hotel we have ever been to. Don't stay here!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, Otel, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.