“Wow? what a place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 20%
Ranked #20 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
bury
“Wow? what a place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I cannot praise this hotel enough it lived up to every expectation and was a beautiful place to spend a lazy sun drenched few days with golden sand on the door step. You step out of the back of hotel directly onto the beach but if you prefer it you can use the pool only yards away and though it belongs to the hotel next door the more exclusive “La Mer Hotel & Dewey House” is the luxury part of the Southernmost hotel and it shows in the way in which you are met and greeted before being shown to quite spectacular rooms, large and airy with a touch of class, brilliant place, highly recommend it.

Room Tip: In Le Mer there are only a few rooms but one at the back have rooms overlooking the beach which are...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

From making my reservation to final check-out everything was superb! If you are reading this thinking you might want to stay here........DO IT! I was nervous after we chose Key West because of all the partying stories I heard. Well, this was the perfect location. We like fun but aren't big partiers. We were on Duval street in no time, so the location is VERY desirable to all the interesting places. The pictures from the website to in person were EXACTLY the same. You know, sometimes they only show the good stuff. Well here its ALL good stuff! The Inn was clean and beautiful, fresh...all the way to the fresh orchids in the room! Breakfast every morning was delicious with a perfect view. I truly cannot say enough about what a lovely place this is. I tend to be a picky traveler. I cannot complain about a single thing. Everyone was kind and friendly and wanted to know how to make our stay better. I truly believe this is the most beautiful location on the island! I would absolutely stay here again, but next time I will bring my friends!

Room Tip: We were in room 408 and our balcony was quite large with views of the beach and the street. The balc...
Liberty, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned from 4 fabulous days in room 410 at La Mer Hotel in Key West. Our balcony was right above the beach and the room had a fridge, microwave, and small kitchen area. The room was beautiful, clean, and large. The bathroom was also nice and big with plenty of places to put all my supplies. Breakfast and afternoon tea were included with the room price. There is a coffee maker in the room and they will bring as much coffee and bottled water as you need. There are three great pools on the grounds and chairs and towels are included. All employees were pleasant and more than willing to help. We visited with the general manager twice and I can truly say, We felt special! Stay here, in this room, you will love it as much as we did! We absolutely loved Key West and I know it was in large part due to this wonderful property. Also, thanks to Christine, water aerobics instructor extraordinaire! She made working out fun!

Room Tip: Stay in room 410 at La Mer, we had such a good time and it is right on the beach.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is our second stay at a Southernmost property and we LOVED it (again)!! We spent our honeymoon last year at Southernmost on the Beach which we really enjoyed, so I wanted to give La Mer and Dewey House a try for a more B&B feel with hotel amenities.
We stayed in Rm. 408 of the La Mer house and the room; while smaller than the one we had at Southernmost on the Beach, was beautiful. Perfectly clean, quaint,and a wonderful bathroom. Our private balcony faced Dewey House but you could also see the beach. You certainly get more personal attention from the staff. Not overbearing, just there for you whenever you need them. Unfailingly friendly and helpful all the time. Sam and Colleen especially went above and beyond to welcome us (when Colleen found out it was our anniversary we were presented with a bottle of chapangne to enjoy!) and provide us helpful tips to maximize our trip (Sam provided us with TONS of information and we didn't go ANYWHERE without her personalized map!).
Julie the concierge booked our snorkeling and fishing trips for us which were wonderful, again she was super helpful and friendly. Boomer taught me enough about snorkeling that when I went for my first open water snorkel I felt super comfortable...thanks Boomer..you were a great teacher!!
My husband and I both said numerous times that you could really just stay on the property and still have a fabulous vacation. The beauty of Southernmost in general is that it is on the quiet end of Duval St. You spend all day on the water or bar hopping/shopping on Duval St. and then you come back (it's about a 20-30 min. walk to the other end of Duval St. to Mallory Sq.) to a relaxing environment with all the amenities of a big hotel but personal attention and friendly staff.
The cafe has excellent food with reasonable prices (and the Bill the bartender is GREAT...not a bad singer either!!). We went to numerous restaurants and I would say the cafe on the property could compete with most of them, you just can't beat having a frosty adult beverage at a beachside cafe after a long day of fishing (the cafe will cook up your catch for you too!). All in all you just can't go wrong with this place! I will say that if you're looking for a small, more authentic, older B&B this might not be your thing. They told us that the house was built about 100 yrs. ago, but it does feel more boutique hotel to me...but that worked for us!! I would recommend this place to anyone, our stay was wonderful and the staff was superlative. We WILL be back!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The service was outstanding! Darlene greeted us with a smile and did everything she could to make our trip wonderful. Rooms were spotless clean, and beds were comfortable. Sam gave us a tour of the property, a glass of champagne and even let us pick our room!! We were more than satisfied and will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was a last minute booking for me and my girlfriends and what a surprise it was. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were beautiful. In addition, the pool area was nice and the food was great. Although it was at the opposite end of all the action, it was a nice quite get away. I would definetly stay here again and highly recommend it. Loved the continental breakfast and tea and snacks in the afternoon!

Room Tip: The Dewey House was great. We had our own private balcony and bathroom was very large.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
West Orange, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Dewey House last week for 5 nights. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. The bed was very comfortable.The daily complimentary breakfast was sumptuous. The afternoon snack was a great bonus. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious. The house was exceptionally clean and is a perfect location away from the busy downtown area. Our favorite was the adult-only swimming pool. We took a couple of the "classes" and especially liked the ukulele class. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 413. It was a little noisy with the front door opening and closing and people goi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple