“Loved Room 410 at La Mer Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #15 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
Liberty, Texas
“Loved Room 410 at La Mer Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned from 4 fabulous days in room 410 at La Mer Hotel in Key West. Our balcony was right above the beach and the room had a fridge, microwave, and small kitchen area. The room was beautiful, clean, and large. The bathroom was also nice and big with plenty of places to put all my supplies. Breakfast and afternoon tea were included with the room price. There is a coffee maker in the room and they will bring as much coffee and bottled water as you need. There are three great pools on the grounds and chairs and towels are included. All employees were pleasant and more than willing to help. We visited with the general manager twice and I can truly say, We felt special! Stay here, in this room, you will love it as much as we did! We absolutely loved Key West and I know it was in large part due to this wonderful property. Also, thanks to Christine, water aerobics instructor extraordinaire! She made working out fun!

Room Tip: Stay in room 410 at La Mer, we had such a good time and it is right on the beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is our second stay at a Southernmost property and we LOVED it (again)!! We spent our honeymoon last year at Southernmost on the Beach which we really enjoyed, so I wanted to give La Mer and Dewey House a try for a more B&B feel with hotel amenities.
We stayed in Rm. 408 of the La Mer house and the room; while smaller than the one we had at Southernmost on the Beach, was beautiful. Perfectly clean, quaint,and a wonderful bathroom. Our private balcony faced Dewey House but you could also see the beach. You certainly get more personal attention from the staff. Not overbearing, just there for you whenever you need them. Unfailingly friendly and helpful all the time. Sam and Colleen especially went above and beyond to welcome us (when Colleen found out it was our anniversary we were presented with a bottle of chapangne to enjoy!) and provide us helpful tips to maximize our trip (Sam provided us with TONS of information and we didn't go ANYWHERE without her personalized map!).
Julie the concierge booked our snorkeling and fishing trips for us which were wonderful, again she was super helpful and friendly. Boomer taught me enough about snorkeling that when I went for my first open water snorkel I felt super comfortable...thanks Boomer..you were a great teacher!!
My husband and I both said numerous times that you could really just stay on the property and still have a fabulous vacation. The beauty of Southernmost in general is that it is on the quiet end of Duval St. You spend all day on the water or bar hopping/shopping on Duval St. and then you come back (it's about a 20-30 min. walk to the other end of Duval St. to Mallory Sq.) to a relaxing environment with all the amenities of a big hotel but personal attention and friendly staff.
The cafe has excellent food with reasonable prices (and the Bill the bartender is GREAT...not a bad singer either!!). We went to numerous restaurants and I would say the cafe on the property could compete with most of them, you just can't beat having a frosty adult beverage at a beachside cafe after a long day of fishing (the cafe will cook up your catch for you too!). All in all you just can't go wrong with this place! I will say that if you're looking for a small, more authentic, older B&B this might not be your thing. They told us that the house was built about 100 yrs. ago, but it does feel more boutique hotel to me...but that worked for us!! I would recommend this place to anyone, our stay was wonderful and the staff was superlative. We WILL be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

The service was outstanding! Darlene greeted us with a smile and did everything she could to make our trip wonderful. Rooms were spotless clean, and beds were comfortable. Sam gave us a tour of the property, a glass of champagne and even let us pick our room!! We were more than satisfied and will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was a last minute booking for me and my girlfriends and what a surprise it was. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were beautiful. In addition, the pool area was nice and the food was great. Although it was at the opposite end of all the action, it was a nice quite get away. I would definetly stay here again and highly recommend it. Loved the continental breakfast and tea and snacks in the afternoon!

Room Tip: The Dewey House was great. We had our own private balcony and bathroom was very large.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
West Orange, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Dewey House last week for 5 nights. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. The bed was very comfortable.The daily complimentary breakfast was sumptuous. The afternoon snack was a great bonus. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious. The house was exceptionally clean and is a perfect location away from the busy downtown area. Our favorite was the adult-only swimming pool. We took a couple of the "classes" and especially liked the ukulele class. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 413. It was a little noisy with the front door opening and closing and people goi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in an ocean view room at the Dewey House the week of July 22nd and loved it. Our view was a little obstructed by the bar on the beach (room 419) but we had both a view of the beach/ocean and the beautiful garden so it worked out great. I know some folks in Florida hate them, but I found that the green iguana's running around the garden just added to its charm. We expected the bar on the beach to be noisy but we never heard it and found the house to be very quiet. The staff made sure our every need was taken care of and went above and beyond what they had to do for us. The inn-keeper packed us breakfast the night before our departure because we were leaving so early. She got me a band aid one afternoon (flip flop burn) :) and had one of the grounds keepers cut me some fresh aloe so I could keep walking. The entire staff was helpful and never seemed put off by us crazy tourist, even the pool boys sat and chatted with us as if we had known them forever. We do not have a ton of money but I felt like we were treated like kings and queens for a week. :)

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor and hardly saw another person up there. I found it VERY quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have to admit I'm a sucker for the little things and if you are too stay here. It is such quaint B&B The staff is extraordinarily friendly from reception, to cleaning, to our hostess. The morning greets you with fresh muffins, breads, wonderful fruits, cereals, cheese, juice, quiche, and waffles when asked for. You sit out on their wonderful patio that overlooks the beach. Afternoon brings tea time. More fruit, cheeses, and sweet treats. Hot and cold tea. Turn down service you will find chocolate coins, mints and molded chocolates. Ours were hammers. At the main pool there is a bar with pool games for fun. There is a beach restaraunt right there with a live band. It is quiet and peacefull yet a 20 min. walk gets you to Duvall Street and all the action. I love this place and I'm sure you would too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Mer Hotel and Dewey House? Share your experiences!