“Prepare to be taken care of” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #13 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Greenville, North Carolina
“Prepare to be taken care of”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in an ocean view room at the Dewey House the week of July 22nd and loved it. Our view was a little obstructed by the bar on the beach (room 419) but we had both a view of the beach/ocean and the beautiful garden so it worked out great. I know some folks in Florida hate them, but I found that the green iguana's running around the garden just added to its charm. We expected the bar on the beach to be noisy but we never heard it and found the house to be very quiet. The staff made sure our every need was taken care of and went above and beyond what they had to do for us. The inn-keeper packed us breakfast the night before our departure because we were leaving so early. She got me a band aid one afternoon (flip flop burn) :) and had one of the grounds keepers cut me some fresh aloe so I could keep walking. The entire staff was helpful and never seemed put off by us crazy tourist, even the pool boys sat and chatted with us as if we had known them forever. We do not have a ton of money but I felt like we were treated like kings and queens for a week. :)

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor and hardly saw another person up there. I found it VERY quiet.

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have to admit I'm a sucker for the little things and if you are too stay here. It is such quaint B&B The staff is extraordinarily friendly from reception, to cleaning, to our hostess. The morning greets you with fresh muffins, breads, wonderful fruits, cereals, cheese, juice, quiche, and waffles when asked for. You sit out on their wonderful patio that overlooks the beach. Afternoon brings tea time. More fruit, cheeses, and sweet treats. Hot and cold tea. Turn down service you will find chocolate coins, mints and molded chocolates. Ours were hammers. At the main pool there is a bar with pool games for fun. There is a beach restaraunt right there with a live band. It is quiet and peacefull yet a 20 min. walk gets you to Duvall Street and all the action. I love this place and I'm sure you would too.

Verona, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just got back from a Honeymoon stay at the La Mer.. Loved it, great location.. short walk to all the fun stuff on Dewey but on the quiet side. Stayed in room 401.. Room is amazing, high ceilings, plush linens, hardwood floors and Clean. Had the veranda view... and here, veranda means street and parking lot.. but it's a really nice street and parking lot so it's not a big deal, front door is literally 15 steps from the beach, only concern is the banging other guest make when they are going up the stairs, but that's really not something the hotel can help and not incessant. The included breakfast was amazing 6 out of 7 days, egg / ham quiche is very good but if your looking for eggs and bacon with a side homefries you'll have to go somewhere else, and be sure to get there before 10:15 or there will be nothing left but danishes and yogurt. Staff was mostly pretty good. Male Bartender at Shores can cure any hangover with his amazing Bloody Marys. Adult pool is a wonderful addition, has bar service and surprisingly the food and drinks do NOT cost a fortune! I will go back.

Palisades Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This B&B was a pleasure. Rooms were clean,comfortable & spacious - we very much enjoyed breakfast - there was a nice variety from fruit,cereals and pastries to waffles and quiche. Guest have access to pools and spa on the adjoining properties of Southernmost so its a B&B feel but there are the larger hotel perks.
Location is perfect - quiet but near enough to everything you want to see - i.e. Duval Street.
We rented scooters from a place right across the street which is a fun and an easy way to get around. Service was great - everyone was perfectly nice and accommodating.
One and only complaint about the room was that the showers are REALLY REALLY small.
Spa - I had the best massage of my life - its real small though so make your appts in advance. We would def return.

Room Tip: I would ask for 2nd floor rooms - better location.
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Service started at check-in with the La Mer Hotel manager showing us around the various Southermost Hotel collection properties (including pools, beaches, breakfast & afternoon tea area) and bringing us directly to our room (with the air conditioning already churning and smelling fresh).

The room was a great size with a shower big enough for two people. Plenty of beach towels to use for the private beach and pools. I must add that the sound proof quality of the room was just amazing. There was a wedding going on the first night we arrived and we did not hear anything besides the calming buzz of our air conditioner. The location is great...just a couple of blocks from the famous Southermost point buoy and about 20-25 minute walk to Mallory Square to the northern end.

Breakfast is from 8:30AM to 10:30AM, serving up fruit, cereal, bread/bagel, juice/milk, quiche, and made-to-order waffle. Afternoon tea is from 3:30PM to 5:30PM and is minimalist (some cookies, cheese, cracker, ice tea). Both are conveniently served at the adjacent Dewey House.

My advice: request a floor on the second floor because you will get a room with gorgeous vaulted ceiling and private balcony. Enjoy!

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week long trip to Key West for our 10 year anniversary.
After MUCH research I settled on La Mer Hotel, part of the Southernmost Hotel collection. What attracted me to this Hotel was it's location (on the beach, quiet side of Duval), the fact that it is a B&B, and that it has all the perks of staying in a resort (3 pools on the property). When I made the reservation I booked a garden view room and was told that the rooms were assigned by category at check in. Requests for certain rooms could be made in a category but were not guaranteed. When we checked in we were escorted to our room by Sam, one of the Managers of the Hotel. She was extremely friendly and makes guests feel welcome with an orientation to the property and a glass of champagne. We were assigned room 407, on the second floor which faces South Street and the Dewey House. I had read other reviews that the rooms facing the road had a lot of road noise so I was a bit apprehensive at first, but while there was some noise from the occasional scooter or truck, it was not at all distracting considering that you don't spend much time in the room anyway. The room was beautiful, clean, and very comfortable. It had a King bed, Aveda products in the bathroom, wifi, flatscreen TV, safe, and a kitchenette with a fridge, utensils, blender, and a few dishes. In the end I was very happy with the room. Each day we enjoyed the breakfast, which consisted of quiche (go early, it goes quick), pastries, waffles, breads, coffee, juices and fresh tropical fruits, and afternoon tea which consisted of iced tea, hot tea, coffee, cheese and crackers, fruit, and something sweet. We were never disappointed and Randall, another manager who oversaw breakfast and tea, really takes care of the guests.

The property is also very well maintained with a nice garden area between the two houses, three pools in the resort, two bars, a sunbathing pier, hammocks by the water, and coconut palms all around. The beach is a public beach but the Southernmost Cafe is owned by the resort. The food there was very good and we preferred it to some of the other restaurants we visited. We took advantage of the spa, which is very small and pricey but we enjoyed our couples massage.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would love to return someday. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, helpful, and made our special occasion one that we will never forget. Thank you!

Room Tip: Anyroom in LaMer seems like it would be good. The three rooms on the first floor of Dewey house may...
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husaband and I stayed there for three nights four days. The staff was very accomadating. Boomer was the best!! He always was happy and friendly to all guests. Kathy was also great too. Great Beer and Wine school. We can't wait to come back. We hopefully will be back to renew our vows soon. The breakfast was amazing. More than I thought that is usually offered for a bed and breakfast. They didnt try to gauge you on drink prices or food prices. Very resonable. Our first room was oceanfront beautiful room with patio. On our last night we had to move to a garden view room which was also beautiful and very big room. Hope to see everyone again soon. Boomer by the way you owe me a sunset cruise LOL.
Melissa and Lee

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Mer Hotel and Dewey House? Share your experiences!