“Four Stars...and counting for Le Mer and Dewey House” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #21 of 97 Key West B&B and Inns
Tallahassee, Florida
“Four Stars...and counting for Le Mer and Dewey House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The decision to stay at a B&B was made for us when our children gave us a very generous gift card from Bed and Breakfast.com. We had never stayed at a b&b before. I did all the reading and research on Tripadvisor, including emailing several people who had stayed at different places in Key West before I made any reservations. One consistent comment was perfection, regarding Le Mer and Dewey House.
As we drove into Key West I noticed all the b&b's I had read about on Tripadvisor...they all had vacancy signs outside. The Le Mer and Dewey had no signs out...I bet they don't even have one. Our check in was flawless, and our inn director, Darleen showed us to room 420 at the Dewey House. I am not sure why they call this a mini suite...it is the size of a small apartment. Darleen was kind enough to leave us a bottle of champagne and sweet anniversary card on the table...I was so surprised by the view and balcony, I walked right by it!
It's location on South Street is still close enough to all the action on Duval Street to walk everywhere...but if you want to chill by the beach or pool there were lots of chairs and hammocks available. We had made lots of plans, but still ended up back at the room by a fairly decent hour...and there were still people partying in the pool area, but I couldn't hear them once I closed the door.
Breakfast was amazing, and the cappachino machine delightful. The afternoon tea really hit the spot...lots of great choices for a late day nibble.
So...will I stay at another b&b? I don't know...but I will return to the Le Mer and Dewey house. It really was perfection.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Brazoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

For our 10th anniversary, we decided to go back to Key West and the Dewey House. I have to say that it has only gotten better!!! The Dewey House is fabulous, private & the people are so courteous,friendly and helpful. I tell all of my friends they should go...this year was the best trip of my life!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed her for part of our honeymoon. It was wonderful and very romantic! The room was small, but beautiful. The porch and view were great. The service was very good. Randall showed us around and all the staff was very polite and helpful. We loved it here and definitely plan to return for our anniversary!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

At the time I was more of a european vacationer, but since we only had a long weekend honeymoon my wife got me to go to Key West. I have been forever changed.

Thanks to the amazing hospitality, great location, and perfect weather in the Southernmost Resorts Key West is now my favorite spot ever. The rooms in the Dewey House were extremely clean and very nicely laid out. We were given a bottle of champagne to celebrate our honeymoon as well.

We especially loved the free breakfast, not to mention the pool, pier and beach attached to the resort. We highly recommend hitting up the pier for some late morning cocktails and catching some sun.

We're hoping to make it back this year. Although this spot may be out of our budget, we may be able to justify it just for the knowledge that we will be taken care of.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great in these houses. The only difference is the views...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
lizpat55, Front Office Manager at La Mer Hotel and Dewey House, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Honeymoon at the La Mer & Dewey. The entire staff feels honored that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Elmhurst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in Lamer house in garden view. The room was very nice and amenities are great. We had breakfast in the porch facing the ocean. I know some people complained about breakfast not having variety but it was a great selection. Very nice and helpful people.

In terms of attractions, Lamer is just two blocks away from the Southern Most point. However, it is about 15 minutes to the north end of Duval street where most activities are. Since the hotel is located on a quieter side of town, we never had problem with noises. I take out one star because of the price. We paid around 250$ per night.

Suffern, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

It was the best vacation and the best place I have ever stayed at. It was everything and more than I had hoped for. The cleanliness and the quality were outstanding. The service and the staff could not have been better. It was perfect. I don't have one bad thing to say about it.

Room Tip: Every room is well situated and some have better views then others. All are very pleasant.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I travel often and usually spend at a bed and breakfeast whenever possible
The La Mer Hotel and Dewey House is the B and B part of the souhternmost hotel co. in the southern tip of keywest.
room service superb. never disturbed us when we slept after 10 am. always had bed turned in afternoon.
wifi/ parking free
The B and Bwas definitly worth the extra as it was much more quiet and you had access to all amenties of the complex plus a great breakfeast and an afternoon tea. Great cappichino machine as well.
the Southernmost on the Beach also v nice as we investigated this but more crowded and and lots of kids.
More personal touch with the innkeeper (Sam was superb) and fewer guest rooms in the B and B
No problems with a.c. and plumbing. Only 1 day did i have problem recieving wi fi. but there is computer with printer downstairs ava 24 hours.
Great locale as the whole complex is situated on the south end(quiet) of Duval
rec you rent scooter or bike. .The Tropical is located 200 feet from dewey house but plenty of rentals throughout keywest.
great restaurants all over and all of innkeepers as well ashotel employees (Inc maids)
were extremely helpful
we actually at other hotels while visiting but we are definitly returning if they have availabilty at the B and B

Room Tip: you won't go wrong with either the B and B or the Hotel. Both good value.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Mer Hotel and Dewey House? Share your experiences!