“Dive trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pearl's Key West

Save Saved
You added Pearl's Key West to your Saves list
Pearl's Key West
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   525 United St, Key West, FL 33040 (Formerly Pearl's Rainbow Resort)   |
Ranked #70 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Dive trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked Pearls by chance on Expedia, wonderful hotel. It is a quaint antique house converted to a hotel. the rooms were comfortable and the outside patio/bar couldn't be beat. Rented a bicycle around the corner from the hotel, everything on Duval is within easy riding distance. Pearls is in a great location, enjoyed it so much have already booked a 2nd trip in August. Great staff and breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Get a cheeseburger at the patio bar. Yum!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Loving staff. Great outside patio with bar, perfect location, reasonably priced... Frankly, I don't know why you haven't booked it yet. My only suggestion is to not opt for the breakfast package in the morning, unless you're a big breakfast type of person. I eat small, so it didn't work out for me financially. Other than that, I'm looking forward to my next trip to Pearl's!

Room Tip: Top floor not as scary as some reviewers might lead you to believe.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and felt welcome from the very start.

The staff were friendly and really helpful; they let us know where to rent a bike from (right on the next block), and gave us maps and pointers, as well as a couple of free cocktails on arrival!

Our room was a deluxe king, right next to the pool with it's own little verandah. I thought it might be noisy, but I wasn't to worry - we slept soundly every night. The pool is open 24 hours, but there is a no noise after 10pm policy, and the other guests weren't out that late anyway.

The wonderful thing for me was waking at 6am (because of jet lag!), and getting in the pool, floating around and watching the sky get lighter through the palm trees. Bliss.

There are two pools and a couple of hot tubs, all immaculately clean and well maintained. Towels are provided for the pool area, as are floating beds.

Breakfast and meals can be included in your booking, but we didn't take that option. We had breakfast one morning and it was cooked to order and totally delicious. Coffee and tea are freely available for all guests.

Wi-fi was good, and free.

The room was a good size with a bath and a nice hot shower; everything was very comfortable and clean.

Location wise, it's just off Duval Street and about a 15 minute walk from the main attractions, but you really need to hire a bike in Key West to see it best. Two days hire for two bikes was about $50 and was a really good investment. You can chain them up in the car park at Pearls as there is a rack just for that purpose.

We have stayed in another hotel in Key West which was more expensive, but if we went again, we would definately choose Pearls - there is nothing bad to say about the place.

NW Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When you walk into Pearl's Key West, you are instantly greeted by smiling faces ready to assist you in any way possible. We were efficiently checked into our room in less than 20 minutes and that included a short tour of the property.
When you leave the main building via the back door, you pass thru a cozy dining area (about 7 tables) where both breakfast and lunches are served on a daily basis. We ate a really delicious breakfast there made only with the freshest, local ingredients. Then, you are transported out into a truly lovely pool/patio area complete with soothing music. It feels like you are on a Caribbean island. There are plenty of comfy tables, chairs, and chaise lounges to relax in. The pools are equipped with both noodles, and mats for floating about in the 2 pools.
We didn't have anything to eat from the patio area during our stay, but we sampled quite a few of the drinks and I became quite fond of "Pearl's Passion" and the martini's were very tasty as well. They have nightly drink specials which are very well priced.
We were shown a gym and a laundry area, though we didn't use either, those could come in handy for a longer stay. We stayed 6 nights and it wasn't enough!
Our room was located beyond the non smoking pool area in a building that held 4 separate rooms all on 1 floor. It was quite private and there was a community kitchenette with a refrigerator, that we used to store the wines we bought at the Key West Winery and our montaditos.
All said, we had a delightfully restful stay at Pearl's and hope to be able to visit again very soon. You can't help but relax when you stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in a non smoking building, and had easy access to Duval street which was 2 blocks away. We...
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

First, the good..good location..quiet end of Duval. Amazing breakfast..lovely pools and nice pool bar. The bad...we got an "economy" room..which was on the third floor...we didn't mind the stairs but the size of the room for what they charge seems highly overpriced. Also the mattress was awful! We did buy the breakfast with our stay and paid close to $800 for three nights. I would not stay in an economy room again but would stay at Pearls.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chose Pearls because of a nice ad in Dameron's made it seam it was a good gay resort. Well...it was mostly straight when we were there. While I have no issue with straight people, I was REALLY hoping for a gay resort. I agree with other reviewers that the pricing was a bit high for the shape of rooms/beds and the service. Our bed's mattress was worn out making the bed way too soft. On the positive the location was fantastic and there are 2 heated pools and 2 hot tubs. Breakfast was not included and semi pricey. They should include breakfast with the rates they are charging.

Room Tip: Choose room on first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

First of all, I am pretty easy to impress. I love vacations and tourist areas and generally give every hotel I stay at, at least an average rating unless it is really really bad. Ironically, the three worst reviews I have ever written all took place in the Florida Keys. This trip, it was right here at Pearl's Key West. I have never ever been talked to the way someone by the name of Simona (sp?) treated me upon my arrival. I entered alone while my husband tried to figure out where to park and she was nothing but rude, cold, and condescending. I have never felt so unwelcome at a hotel, especially in such a hardcore tourist destination. Her attitude was all about the parking situation. I asked nicely where he is supposed to park and if they validate. She looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive and said,"Didn't you read our website??" I said,"Yes, I did, but it doesn't hurt to ask..." I wanted nothing more than to be across the street at the Southernmost Hotel where we stayed last time, but it was booked when I made reservations several months ago. In any case, I was so turned off to this property right away and to make matters worse, we were put on third floor. I have a knee injury so those super steep steps really sucked, and there was no AC in our room. It was very warm up there. Also, if you are tall, don't stay on third floor, my husband couldn't stand up all the way due to the slanted ceiling. I will say some positive things were the hot tub and heated pool. No one was ever in either of them so it felt like we had it to ourselves. One night there were some couples in the hot tub and we ended up becoming friends. The bar tender was very nice to us, but I could not get passed how rudely I was treated upon my arrival. As we spoke about this to waiters, bar tenders, and other travelers that night, it turns out this hotel was known for only liking women and discriminating married couples and men...I know they say they are "straight friendly"...but I could not help but wonder if I was treated rudely because of my sexual orientation. I am hoping that didn't have anything to do with it, but the rumor around the island is that it did. I don't think I would stay here again,, the shower was filthy with mold and everything! The entire room felt like it had a layer of dirt on it...but the location is excellent if you want to be in the old town area. We walked everywhere. Even to Fort Zachary Taylor. After I had a few drinks and got over the whole check in thing, it ended up being just fine...just don't stay here if you can't easily do steep steps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pearl's Key West? Share your experiences!