“good location; so-so service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pearl's Key West

Save Saved
You added Pearl's Key West to your Saves list
Pearl's Key West
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   525 United St, Key West, FL 33040 (Formerly Pearl's Rainbow Resort)   |
Ranked #68 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
new jersey
“good location; so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location is good, walking distance to a lot. However, I did not like the following: website l used leads you to believe that breakfast is included. Is not. Blinds did not function in a room making balcony almost unusable. When I asked for blankets (the room was very cold), I was told that they RUN OUT OF BLANKETS. The towels in the bathroom were not washed. Stains from mascara and other make up were clearly evident. Disgusting. High price should come with great service and clean facilities.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at pearls for our 10 year anniversary. We had the best time and had a blast just hanging out at the hotel more than we did walking the streets of duval. Great atmosphere around the pool and patio bar area.

• Stayed February 2013
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I caveat this review with the fact that I have not stayed anywhere else in Key West. This was my one and only overnight in Key West. First off the staff were great during check in/out as that was my only interaction with them. The tiny pool and poolside music seemed nice but I didn't spend any time there. What you are paying for is location. It is at the top of Duval street with cafe's, bar's and restaurants very close by. You are only a block or so away from the Southern most point of the USA which seems to be a bit of a tourist spot for photo's etc. The issue I had is the room and the bed. The room was very dated and worn out. The bathroom is tiny and past it's prime. I typically like staying in B&B or Inn type places as they have more character and am willing to let a lot go. I doesn't have to be modern just clean and functional.

There are lots of places to stay in Key West and I will try something else next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
central NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returned from Key West. We enjoyed our stay at Pearls. The room (as mentioned in other posts) was basic but enough. The room and all areas of the B&B were clean. Decent work out room. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Had the breakfast plan. It really was a good deal and very tasty. Two suggestions for Pearls. One is to update your airconditioners. The one in our room worked but is was so loud that it was distracting. And, get rid of the carpet in the rooms that used to be the motel. They are dated. Put tile down and it would make the rooms appear larger and easier to clean.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Pearl's just after New Years and were all-around very impressed. Our room happened to be right on United Street and it got a bit noisy at times (especially when a loud trash truck woke us up at 3am one night!), but the B&B itself was really great. The rooms are basic, no more or less than you really need, but the breakfast is the perfect start to the day. Coffee, great food, juices, a great selection of foods... The staff is so helpful and accomodating! And just a block or two from the Southernmost Point and so convenient to Duval.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been vacationing at Pearl's since the 1980's (Ellie's Nest days). This recent trip was my first since the transition to straight people. While I understand the economic reasons for this, it was still quite a shock. The ambiance is gone. We met several very nice straight couples, but there were some that were very unfriendly and acted like we were infringing on their territory just be being there. I've always loved vacationing at Pearl's but not sure about future plans.

Vantaa, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel looked very promising when I read the reviews. Yes, the location was great, staff was nice etc, but the rooms, oh boy... The room was so tiny for 2 adults it almost made us laugh. I mean it was too small to fit a small table to put your laptop on. Last time we stayed in a different hotel we had a 2-bedroom room with an own kitchen for the same price. If the price was under 100 dollars, I wouldn't complain, for this price I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pearl's Key West? Share your experiences!