“A great trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southernmost Inn

Save Saved
You added Southernmost Inn to your Saves list
Southernmost Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   525 United St, Key West, FL 33040 (Formerly Pearl's Key West)   |
Special Offer
Tripadvisor Special Promo
Ranked #68 of 97 Key West B&B and Inns
Dallas
“A great trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Pearl's just after New Years and were all-around very impressed. Our room happened to be right on United Street and it got a bit noisy at times (especially when a loud trash truck woke us up at 3am one night!), but the B&B itself was really great. The rooms are basic, no more or less than you really need, but the breakfast is the perfect start to the day. Coffee, great food, juices, a great selection of foods... The staff is so helpful and accomodating! And just a block or two from the Southernmost Point and so convenient to Duval.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been vacationing at Pearl's since the 1980's (Ellie's Nest days). This recent trip was my first since the transition to straight people. While I understand the economic reasons for this, it was still quite a shock. The ambiance is gone. We met several very nice straight couples, but there were some that were very unfriendly and acted like we were infringing on their territory just be being there. I've always loved vacationing at Pearl's but not sure about future plans.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vantaa, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel looked very promising when I read the reviews. Yes, the location was great, staff was nice etc, but the rooms, oh boy... The room was so tiny for 2 adults it almost made us laugh. I mean it was too small to fit a small table to put your laptop on. Last time we stayed in a different hotel we had a 2-bedroom room with an own kitchen for the same price. If the price was under 100 dollars, I wouldn't complain, for this price I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hillsdale, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Pearls for 2 nights... probably the worst 2 nights we have ever spent anywhere. Basic necessities, such as, a comfortable room and a/c fell by the waist side. We woke up numerous times in the middle of the night sweating because the a/c unit, which is controlled via 1 zone unit, shared among the rest of the floor, was either turned up to 78 degrees or just not working well. We were on the 3rd floor, which made it worse because heat rises. The room we had was less than inviting, looked and felt more like an attic space. There were a number of times where we hit our heads on the slanted ceiling
( we are both 5"4) a first for everything I guess. The mattress seemed old and worn, we both kept falling into the center.
Overall, I would NEVER return.

• Stayed January 2013
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had 4 couples in our group. All bikers. We were welcomed and treated with utmost kindness and courtesy. We really enjoyed the staff and the bar. Everyone there was accommodating and friendly to the point we looked forward to just going back to Pearl's to hang out rather than deal with the madness of Duval Street.

The room was fine. Plenty spacious for us. My wife thought the bed was perfect. Me, not so much. I thought it was mediocre at best. BUT ... Pearl's is located in a quiet area which was well appreciated when it came time to catch up on a little rest.

The pools were clean and well cared for. We spent one heck of a night in one of them! Out of 8 of us, it was a unanimous decision. It's Pearl's every time we go to the keys!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I visited Key West for the 1st time, end of December 2012. We chose Pearls because the price was decent for a guest house in down town. I loved how it was tucked away in a quiter area, the staff was wonderful even made friends with the pool guy Brian! Super clean, loved having a bar right there. Frenchies Cafe next door, was our favorite. We plan to come back and stay at Pearls, not even searching for another guest house!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I found this on Expedia's B&B listings and cross referenced it with TripAdvisor's reviews, as I always do. Some of the reviews are a bit silly, I think "joyless" is ridiculous. The front desk people tend to be serious in their effort to be efficient. But they are very helpful dealing with issues we had, calling cabs, storing luggage, making change, etc. Our breakfast (great) was included. For joy visit the pool and the bar. Here friendly and happy is everyone's mantra. Formerly a women only spot, it is gay friendly but straight friendly too for couples like me (guy) and my wife (gal). There were also two kitchens for use by guests at either end of the property and a coin operated washer and dryer! Rooms are a bit small, bed a bit soft but other than that a really, really nice place at the quiet end of town 2 blocks from the southern most point in the US.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Southernmost Inn? Share your experiences!