“Nice island eats” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 367 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: cuisine.name.191
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A beautiful brick courtyard and relaxed surroundings with bamboo and palm trees. Located in old town but it feels like miles away. Wifi available.
“Nice island eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Key west style to the max. Good people good atmosphere and good food. What else can you ask for. Would recommend to anyone who likes it laid back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Niskayuna
“This was our favorite meal in Key West!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were actually at Kelly's Bar having a margarita when we discovered Grunts...So glad we did! I loved the ambiance. I loved the band playing inside...I loved the backyard...everything was quaint and the food we had was wonderful! Two bills is quirky, but didn't phase us in the least! Our waiter was so friendly (I'm sorry, I do not remember his name) and made great recommendations! I had the mahi-mahi and my husband had the jerk chicken- both fantastic!

Oregon City, Oregon
“The value is in the friendly service and outdoor ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went here based on trip advisor reviews. It was pretty good, but not great. I thought the high point was the service and the wonderful courtyard lit up at night under old trees. The food was plentiful (big portions). I would not call the food outstanding--just good, flavorful. My favorite items were side dishes--the roasted veggies, the mashed potatoes, and the spicy Asian slaw. Not much here for kids.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Grunts one evening for a drink and after talking with a lovely women tending bar (sorry can't remember name) we decided to return for dinner. I am so glad we did! We had a wonderful dinner. The atmosphere was very nice with outdoor seating and soft lighting. An employee did not show up the night we were there and Milan was hosting, serving, and clearing. He did all of this efficiently and remained professional and attentive throughout. We both chose the filet and we agreed it was one of the best steaks we've ever had. Sides were tasty as well. We shared the whiskey soaked bread pudding and were fighting for the last bite. We found our new favorite restaurant in Key West!

Flagler Beach, Florida
“Amazing food and ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a great restaurant a few blocks off the craziness of Duval. Great sangria and service. Prompted us to write a review on our website here! http://www.weekdaydreamer.com/grunts-island-grill/ Like I others I suggest the lobster mac!

• Visited January 2013