“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 367 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: cuisine.name.191
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A beautiful brick courtyard and relaxed surroundings with bamboo and palm trees. Located in old town but it feels like miles away. Wifi available.
Charlotte, NC
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went twice to Grunts and really really felt the food was first class. I would expect food like this to cost dramatically more.

I would recommend it as a first class must eat in a city or many.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Surprisingly bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

On our first night in Key West I used Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations. At the time it was ranked #18 out of 200 plus establishments, so figured we could not go wrong especially since it was close to Duval Street and we wanted to check that out. We waited for 10 minutes just to get a drink, then when we ordered food, they did not have any jerk chicken. Since they only have about ten entrees on the whole menu and the jerk chicken were on two, your choices became much more limited. I wanted to order the caprese salad since it had avocado, but guess what, they didn't have avocado either. How a restaurant in Flordia can be out of avocados is beyond me. The waiter plugged the seafood and I ended up ordering the fish tacos (which also were supposed to have avocado on them) and my boyfriend ordered a hamburger. Then when the hostess finally came back - service was pretty non-existent here - she took my BF's beer glass and did not offer a refill to him, just took the glass and disappeared. We pretty much just wanted to leave so didn't make much of a fuss. The atmosphere was nice otherwise but not extraordinary because everything in Key West is open air. Just disappointing and hopefully an outlier as most of the reviews here are pretty good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, LA
“Found Grunts by mistake, thank God!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I rode our bikes through Key West looking to eat somewhere off Duval. We found Grunts. We were seated on the outside patio. Very tropical setting. Started with a crisp Sauv Blanc, Lobster Mac and cheese and mussels. We split the entree if Mahi Mahi. Very tasty. Live music drifted from inside. Very relaxing. Staff were very friendly. They do chg $4 to split entree, but they seemed to give extra rice and grilled veggies so it was worth it. Great place.

Tucson, AZ
“A little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I don't know how many times I've walked by Grunts, but had never gone in for a drink or dinner - my mistake. This is definitely a sweet gem in old town Key West. Have you ever gone into a restaurant and felt like you were part of another customer's conversation because the tables were so close? That is not the case here. The evening atmosphere is lovely. The mussel appetizer was delish; the red snapper in a key lime beurre blanc was equally yummy... And dont forget to leave room for whiskey bread pudding - perfect for sharing! I can't wait to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Most relaxing atmosphere we found to dine in all Key West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Fish was outstanding and such a pleasant atmosphere. Will for SURE come here again. Grilled veggies were awesome also. This is a must stop place to dine!