“Worth the stop” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 405 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Fusion, Pacific Rim
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wheaton, Illinois
“Worth the stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We found this restaurant driving out of Key West, and it is easy to miss. I happened to see a sign and remembered seeing this on Trip Advisor, so we turned around and decided to give it a try. Had I not seen the reviews, I would probably not have stopped (I don't think it has the best curb appeal) and it is not in a busy location. But, I am glad we stopped to give it a try. I would probaby rate this a 4.5.. My husband thought it was the best meal of the trip and he can be a food snob, so that is why I rounded up. He ordered the conch steak with chimichurri sauce, and he thought it was very delicious. I had a taste and I agreed. I ordered a beef and mushroom lo mein dish, and I though it was good but not great. Our server was very nice, and it was obvious that he loves the food too - he told us how he wanted to work there after dining there. My girls loved the miso mushroom soup. I liked the asian fusion concept, and the fact that the menu had some different and interesting items. It is definitely worth a trip if you get tired of the same old boring restaurant menus.

northcarolina
“Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Drove here one evening when we did not want to go to Duval street. Fabulous conch chowder and the best key lime pie we had the entire trip.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“REAL FIND IN KEY WEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our RV Park at Bluewater Key suggested we should try Kaya--it was very close. We had exceptional dinners! The fish is fresh (so the daily catch varies) and oh so tasty. Our delish Asian-Cajun-spiced yellow-tail snapper came with an amazing black bean and sweet potato patty that was out of this world. Covered with an aioli sauce and red caramelized onions, this could be a signature dish! Their sautéed snapper was yummy, we just liked the spicy better. Their snapper special came with wasabi-seasoned carrots piled on top. A treat. The conch salad was great. The Key Lime Pie perfect. The owner, Scott Taylor, checks in at all tables and is sincerely interested in comments. Ours focused on the black bean patty so he told us when it would be back on the menu--and we marked the day to return.
Bottom line, we brought our friends the next night and have gone back twice more. Not the over-crowded hub-bub of Duval Street. About 10 miles north, Saddle Branch 3, this place gives a beautiful sunset view and amazing food.

Chicago, Illinois
“Must try this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We started with grilled oysters, wonderful, then I had crab cakes with mushroom risotto , was really good, my husband had panko crusted conch, I traded with him, we both loved it, this is such a nice place,meant to come back, service is great

1 Thank Trish4564
Gilbert, South Carolina
“Absolute wonderful in all ways-food is excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We absolutely LOVED this restaurant. We were on the way to a restauranat nearby and someone suggested Kaya Eats if we only had the opportunity for one of the restaurants. Our server was excellent and very professional when he was positive about the other restaurant where we said we were initially going. We had the ahi tuna and it was delicious. The presentation was beautiful. We did meet Scott, the owner, and enjoyed our visit with him. The view was beautiful and we loved watching the sunset. My husband's job as an international pilot gave him the opportunity eat in many restaurants all over the world and he felt this was in the top category of restaurants. He used to bid trips to favorite restaurants half way around the world to enjoy good food!
The experience was A+ and we hope we can go back another time.

1 Thank Ellen F