“Fire-roasted corn-oh yeah!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Chicago
“Fire-roasted corn-oh yeah!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Well this place had me at Grilled Corn--I love corn on the cob in any form and their take on the corn was wonderful! Had to go back two days in a row for this fix! My husband and I went on a weekday mid-afternoon and did not find it too busy. Weather was wonderful so we did not mind the wait. We split the chicken sandwich which was also excellent-would definitely return if we make it back to Key West again!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Over Rated!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

There are much better restaurants with much better food and much better prices in Key West! I was extremely dissappointed in the taste and quality of the food. Blackened fare is not burnt! Our corn was burnt and passed off as blackened while smothered in a greasy sauce which tried to hide the burnt stinch of the corn. I am an accomplished chef and I was appalled by the taste.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“My 16 year obsession!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

In 1998, I stayed a few days at the Westwinds guesthouse, and on my way out back up US-1, I stopped at a little corner sandwich shop and ordered something to go. It seemed to take FOREVER to make (I was trying to get on the road), and I was getting frustrated and thinking "This better be the BEST DAMN SANDWICH ON EARTH!" Once I finally had my sandwich, and had gotten out of Old Town and up to speed on my way back up the Keys, I nearly flipped the car from amazement because it literally was the BEST DAMN SANDWICH ON EARTH. I've been back to Key West 3x since, and could never quite remember where it was. I tried every place that was on a corner and offered something resembling a Cuban sandwich, but nothing quite rang true.

Last week, my husband and I checked into Knowles House, which is right next door to Paseo. I felt like an idiot saying this for the 900th time but I could swear that this one really might be the place and we just had to try it to be sure. Lo and behold, I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

And of course, they were out of the special sandwich I thought I had gotten, so we each tried out one of their Cuban dishes with black beans and jasmine rice and marinated roast chicken thighs....omg my tastebuds died and went to heaven. Again.

I will never, ever, ever again forget the location of Paseo. I swear I thought about it on & off for literally 16 years, it was that good. I will now visit it EVERY time I come to Key West, which will be as often as humanly possible.

Visited March 2014
“Benny”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This restaurant shouldn't be ranked 1st by trip advisor. The food was good but not great. They say there is sitting but there are only 3 tables to sit at. There is 1 large bench seat you can sit at but that is really where people sit trying to jockey for position when a table comes available. There is bar stool sitting along a wall inside but the seats are very uncomfortable. We got there at 2:00 p.m. and still had to wait 30-45 minutes to get our food and 10 minutes in line just to place the order. There are other restaurants in Key West with better food, better seating for the same amount of money.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Caribbean food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff at our bed and breakfast recommended Paseo, just a short walk away, and we loved it. We had the amazing fire-roasted corn and the Caribbean bowl, with black beans and rice and grilled chicken. Everything was delicious and fresh, with fantastic flavors. Great neighborhood restaurant.

Visited March 2014