“Wonderful Carribbean” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Pittsburgh, PA
“Wonderful Carribbean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This little spot is located in the old Paradise Sandwich Shop space. I thought I would miss those huge sandwiches until we checked out Paseo. Execellent Carribbean food at very reasonable prices. Either eat in or take out.

Visited March 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Don't Let The Seating Shortage Stop You”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This cute little restaurant has three tables and a large bench area outdoors as its only seating area, but the food is very good. I had the best corn on the cob I have ever had here. The scallops were delicious and you can choose how spicy you want your food prepared which was perfect for us since I love it spicy and my husband and daughter were not in the mood for burning mouths!

• Visited March 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“We Went Back For More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Paseo is only open Wednesday through Sunday. You order at the counter and can take away or eat at the tables outside. We first ate here on a Wednesday and came back the next day. I think that says a lot. I'd love to continue sampling the menu. We enjoyed the bowl of beans and rice with pork, the pork sandwich, the scallop sandwich, and the corn on the cob. Everything was muy delicioso.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Layers of Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Paseo came highly recommended at Trip Advisor and we sought it out when we visited Key West. It entailed a bit of a hike to get there but we were rewarded. Paseo offers food items you won't get anywhere else. However, unique dishes must taste good which is the most important. I had the Caribbean Wrap. Essentially a pulled pork burrito, each ingredient was herbed and spiced adding a layer of flavor into one harmonious whole. Overall, the effect was very West Indian style. My wife had the Scallop sandwich which she loved. We shared their grilled cob of corn.

A warning, we ordered way too much food. The portion sizes are way above ample. Sad to say but couples should share unless they are really big eaters.

As other reviews noted, seating is limited.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Seared scallop sandwich was amazing! Scallops tasted so fresh! Definitely must try! Great food! : )))

1 Thank lpaul76