“BEST KEY WEST CHARTER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CharterBoats Linda D Sportfishing

CharterBoats Linda D Sportfishing
1801 North Roosevelt Blvd. Charterboat Row at City Marina, dock 19 & 20 (Amberjack Pier), Key West, FL 33040
305 304 8102
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 326 Activities in Key West
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Over 41 years ago, Capt. Billy Wickers III followed in his grandfather's and father's footsteps. Now Billy is a 4th generation captain. Captain Billy grew up working in the family charter business, working as a mate for his dad, and got his captain's license at the young age of 18 in 1990. He captained his dad's boats, Linda D III and IV, and was able to buy his own boat the Linda D V in 2003 which he owns and operates. Captain Billy has been recognized for his fishing abilities by winning numerous awards since 1990 to present , including the prestigious Key West Fishing Tournament's Outstanding Guide Award, most releases in general division, and also most Sailfish and Marlin releases, which he has won for 5 consecutive years. He s been recognize as captain of the moth by Gray taxidermy..Also Linda D IV & V have been Awarded for the 2012 BEST OF KEY WEST AWARDS IN THE CHARTER BOATS Category by the Key West Award Promgram Committee. Capt. Billy Wickers III will definitely make your fishing trip a memorable event for you and your family.
Davie, Florida
“BEST KEY WEST CHARTER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had a trip with my wife and family for my wife's birthday on
Sat. the 22nd. We had Captain Bobby and mate Matt. We went out to the
Gulf. The trip was awesome, you guys were great, the boat was well
prepared and the crew was amazing.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“We had a Great Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I had an awesome time on the Linda D for a half day charter of nonstop bottom fishing. Captain Billy and Jeff the first mate were professional, knowledgeable, energetic and attentive. They were happy to ask us passengers what type of fishing we preferred (bottom or trolling), got our consensus for the most bang for 'our half day buck 'and then took us quickly to a VERY productive fishing spot not too far off shore. The boat is clean and comfortable. Never more than 30 seconds without bait on our hook (OK maybe a minute if someone was pulling in a fish....which was pretty consistent). What a great time. The next time we visit Key West we will hunt down the Linda D and Captain Billy (and hope it is one of the two days a week Jeff is working too) and head out for sport fishing. I trust the stories about Billy's skill in sailfish based on his excellent skill in bringing us to snapper, grouper, grunts, bluefish, senator, shark and what did I forget...? We will definitely be back.

Rochester, New York
“Satisfied first timers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Capt. Bob and Mate Matt on Linda IV worked every second to give my wife and I a great first salt water charter. Despite some serious chop, they quickly put us on to a variety of eye popping large and small sharks and a kingfish, all in a half day charter. We were wet, exhausted, and happy. Only regret is bad luck with my iPhone camera ! Our memories will suffice.

Verona
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Very nice captain and first mate! Matt was very helpful and polite!
They know where the fish are and worked hard ! Will do it again!

Tiskilwa, Illinois
“KICKED-AXX !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and I have fished with a lot of charters from the Keys to Hawaii. We have never had a trip that was as professional, enjoyable and also fruitful as our day with captain Billy and Big Joe. Captain Billy put us in the fish and stayed in them. We started with the Dolphin's (36"), got into the Kings (36"), went after the Cuda's (48"), slammed three big Wahoo (60"), added big Black Tuna and Bonita while we were at it. We were whooped and poor Joe ran his butt off to keep up with the action. We have our own boat and spend time in the gulf fishing. Hitting the Snapper and Grouper are a lot of fun, but it doesn't compare to hanging out with these guys. Nobody can make fish bite, but with these guys, your gonna be in the best position possible. I've fished with captains that are not native to the waters they fish. Never again !! Captain Billy is local all his life and knows where him and the fish are. I've paid a lot of money for captains to practice fishing because I didn't know that they didn't know. That's not the case here with these guys. I am going back at the end of April to hunt the big Hammers and Sails to fill up the small amount of wall space I have left after this trip.

Visited January 2014