“Had a Blast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CharterBoats Linda D Sportfishing

CharterBoats Linda D Sportfishing
1801 North Roosevelt Blvd. Charterboat Row at City Marina, dock 19 & 20 (Amberjack Pier), Key West, FL 33040
305 304 8102
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Over 41 years ago, Capt. Billy Wickers III followed in his grandfather's and father's footsteps. Now Billy is a 4th generation captain. Captain Billy grew up working in the family charter business, working as a mate for his dad, and got his captain's license at the young age of 18 in 1990. He captained his dad's boats, Linda D III and IV, and was able to buy his own boat the Linda D V in 2003 which he owns and operates. Captain Billy has been recognized for his fishing abilities by winning numerous awards since 1990 to present , including the prestigious Key West Fishing Tournament's Outstanding Guide Award, most releases in general division, and also most Sailfish and Marlin releases, which he has won for 5 consecutive years. He s been recognize as captain of the moth by Gray taxidermy..Also Linda D IV & V have been Awarded for the 2012 BEST OF KEY WEST AWARDS IN THE CHARTER BOATS Category by the Key West Award Promgram Committee. Capt. Billy Wickers III will definitely make your fishing trip a memorable event for you and your family.
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Had a Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was the second time out on the Linda D for us and we had a great time. Capt Billy and Joe are extremely knowledgeable and very professional, I would recommend them to anyone. We will definitely go out with them again when we return to Key West.

Visited January 2013

Key West, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“LOOK NO FURTHER......This Guy Is Good !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Clean boat, courteous Captain and Mate. Extremely knowledgable and helpful. Would definitely recommend !

Visited January 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Be a fisherman for a day! We had the best time on Christmas Eve fishing on the Linda D.! A perfect date!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Captain Vinny is just like your favorite uncle or cousin who is the expert and takes good care of you! He and his mate Matt were a great team working to make sure our experience was the best! They were experts in finding the right location for us to catch fish. I caught a feisty barracuda and Matt held onto it so I could get my camera ready to take a pic before he threw it back in (not edible) the water. Matt never stopped working, making sure the boat was clean and we had everything we needed. Vinny and Matt together could spot where to take the boat for us catch the most fish. My husband and I decided to have a special afternoon on Christmas Eve and we couldn't have picked a better date than fishing with these two great guys on the Linda D. I highly recommend the Linda D.! We'll be baaaack!!

Starkville, Mississippi, USA
“Great Fishing Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We headed out to sea with Capt. Vinny and first mate Matt and I couldn't have asked for a better trip. Being a novice fisherman I was nervous about making it 18 miles out, but Vinny got us where we needed to be and Matt explained everything and related to me in a way so that even I could have success. I would HIGHLY recommend these guys. They are very professional, good at what they do, and we caught a lot of fish. If and when we go back I won't look anywhere else for my deep sea fishing round 2!!!

Gilby
“Great Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a great day on the water with Capt. Billy, First Mate John, and able seaman Andy. The guys worked very hard to ensure we had a great day fishing in Key West. We'll be back next year!