“2014 vacation” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5051 Overseas Highway, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Key West
“2014 vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

1st time at the Hyatt Beach House Resort, very nice. Staff is very friendly. Clean resort. Large rooms, 2 bed 2 bath with kitchen. Would definitely return. Very relaxing atmosphere. Close enough to Duval to commute if you want to go there.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My favorite place to stay, love the jacuzzi tub in the master bath. This resort offers us the chance to enjoy Key West at leisure. When we get too hot we head back to the pool area or the air conditioned luxury of the condo. The Hyatt has allowed me to easily travel with 4 kids, have a kitchen, 2 bedrooms plus pullout couch and 2 bathrooms. Plenty of room for everyone so that we aren't crawling over each other in a cramped hotel room. Maintenance is sometimes not top notch but they eventually get to it. Zero entry pool, lounge chairs and hammocks on the sandy beach area and a dock to watch the sunset from. Great place for families to stay.

Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

private jacuzzi in the master bath that's what I call luxury, the 2 bedroom suite was just what 5 adults needed, a large screened in porch overlooking the pool was great for hanging out without worrying with the moskitos.
Pros: clean rooms, beautiful master bath with jacuzzi, doube sink, beautiful grounds, great for families away from the downtown noise, private dock with small beach to bathe, fish and snorkle, free parking. Pool party at 3 pm everyday.
Cons: shallow pool, only about 4 feet deep, 4 miles from downtown, jacuzzi next to pool way too hot for a hot summer season, hardly anybody could use it.

Room Tip: ask for a unit next to an elevator if you have trouble walking up the stairs, most units are far fro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was very convenient to get to as it is right off the main highway into key west. If you have a rental car it is very easy to drive to all sorts of places. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and the price was very reasonable. We absolutely loved our stay. Everyone that works here was very friendly, the concierge was very busy on a Monday morning when we went to book all of our activities, but he was very respectful of our time and made us feel like family. The front desk staff was very friendly. The beach along the ocean was a little disappointing, but the beach between that and the pool more than made up for it. The balconies are enclosed so that you won't get bug bites if you wanted to sit out side at night. There is even a ceiling fan on the balcony to make you feel more comfortable. Great discounts through hotel on local attractions, parking was a bit difficult maneuvering a mini van under the buildings. But at least it was free parking which I didn't have the luxury at a different hotel during a week long vacation. Overall, great hotel, I can't chime in on the onsite restaurant. I wish it had later hours, as they closed pretty early everyday.

Room Tip: Rooms are all pretty standard views of the pool. I recommend at least the second floor room or high...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband, daughter, son-i-l and 2 1/2 year old grandson stayed for one week. We had a wonderful time. The resort is really nice, all you could ask for - from space, linens, dishes, even a Cuisinart coffee pot and toaster! Very clean, beautiful grounds, and awesome pool. The staff was very nice also. The "events" they put on were lots of fun. This resort made the vacation!

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the bay!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed for two weeks in june and had a wonderful time. There were 9 of us as it was a combined birthday celebration.Staff here are very friendly and helpful,Misty on reception was a delight.Special mention to staff at the Tikki Bar.Jimmy and staff were great. Would highly recommend having the sunset meal on the beach when Chef Hardie cooks a fabulous meal .Believe me you will not be disappointed,for me it was the best meal of our holiday.Hotel is at airport side and a bit away from Duval Street so it is a bit expensive for a big group,in saying that every taxi driver couldnt have been more friendlier.Duval street is a must ,even if just to people watch.I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in June. It's a nice family place in Key West because it's nice to have the extra space. The pool area was fun for the kids, small but fun. One morning they had an critter guy to talk to us about everything that lives in the ocean. The kids really enjoyed that. I like the Tiki Bar when it was open, it rained one morning for an hour and it closed all day because of weather. They also had bingo scheduled that day at 4, and it was canceled due to weather. It was a sunny 90 degrees at the time. Maybe it's just that key west is very laid back no one really cares. The pool area is very quiet except for children playing, it would be nice to have some music playing. I've never been to a resort that had a quiet pool.
I had problems before I went to the resort, I choose to do the regular rate, instead of the prepay reduced rate and they still made me pay for 2 nights in advanced. If the rate rule would have indicated that I would have just paid the reduced rate to begin with. I also had my online receipt page print out, but somehow they were charging me $10 more per night. I tried to have it corrected, since I happen to bring the print out with me and the manager just looked at me and said "Well my computer says this", so I didn't really fight it over $10. The room was clean, but very outdated. The property could use some updating.
The reason I gave 3 stars was for customer service and property needs some updating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!