“another awesome time in the keys” 4 of 5 stars

Hyatt Beach House Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5051 Overseas Highway, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Key West
Riverside, Rhode Island
“another awesome time in the keys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I checked in may 3rd also,jackie was the woman who waited on me , she was very polite,friendly,and rememberd me from a previous stay here.the condo was very clean house keepers thumbs up,land scapers too noisy too early.it doesn't take 20 min to downtown either,i pedaled a bike there in 12 min with my wife atleast twice a day, there are no hills.5minute car ride.you can park by the hr or by the day 2.50 hr 16.00day.so don't be a skin flint.if your staying a week or longer go to k mart buy a bike 90.00.donate it to someone whos less fortunate,make your trip one to remember,we did and always do.dinner downtown is awesome at so many different places,so start your day at blue heaven you wont regret it.captain johns greyhound good fun catch your own dinner .im glad the bachelorette party only lasted one night too ,they were ignorant.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms here.i have stayed in many different rooms all were nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel itself is fine, pool is fine, staff is fine. Nice big, clean rooms! The problem is you need to drive everywhere. Duval Street was a 15 - 20 minute drive; too far to walk. There is nothing at this location other than the hotel. One guest described it to me as out in the boonies. If you have your own transportation, then you'll make out okay, else it's a cab ride to get anywhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recommended this hotel for my girlfriend's Bachelorette party this past week because I had stayed here Labor Day weekend for another friend's Bachelorette Party and had an amazing time. You can see from my prior review from my last visit that I gave this place a fabulous review. I made the reservation on an online site. After making the reservation, I called the hotel to add my friend to the reservation, as I knew she would arrive before me. The lady I spoke with last Wednesday, May 1, at 1:34 pm was very friendly and assured me my friend was added to the reservation and everything was all set because the room was prepaid for. On Friday, May 3, my friends walked in after a long drive to Key West and were excited to check in to start the Bachelorette weekend. From the moment my friends walked in, the lady at the front desk, whose name I will leave out for purposes of this review only, was rude. She dismissed them immediately and told them they could not be there to check in as the hotel was at full occupancy and all guests had already checked in. My friends asked her if she could please try to find their reservation. The lady begrudgingly attempted to look up their name and when she allegedly found nothing, she dismissed them again. I was still on my way to the hotel. I called the front desk (by pushing redial from the number I had called earlier in the week), and explained to the lady that I had booked the hotel on an internet site and had called to confirm my reservation and to add my friend, the bride-to-be, to the reservation. She impatiently told me my name was not on the reservation. I told her I could give her my confirmation number and that I could send her my confirmation email. Instead of trying to help, she repeated that my name was not on the reservation and that I could not send her the confirmation email and she was not willing to write down the confirmation number. I explained to her that I had called this same number two days earlier to add my friend to the reservation and that everything was fine. When I asked her who was working at the hotel on Wednesday around 1:24, she told me she did not know. I inquired in disbelief that I was sure there was a schedule she could look at to find out for me. She ignored my request. I also told her that I checked my American Express bill and confirmed that I had already paid for the room ($435) and that I could show her that, as well. She didn't want to see or hear anything. She didn't want to be bothered and wanted us to just go away. My friends told me she was holding the phone away from her ear as I was explaining the situation with an annoyed look on her face. She made my poor friends sit in the lobby for 25 minutes while doing nothing at all to try and resolve the situation. I finally arrived to the hotel. At this point, the bride-to-be had called the customer service of the internet site I had booked with who was extremely helpful. He called the lady at the front desk and confirmed our reservation. We stayed on hold with this very helpful man as we knew the lady at the front desk did not want to help us. He gets back on the phone with us and tells us that everything is resolved. The lady at the front desk communicated nothing to us and refused to confirm that she could accommodate us. When we asked her if she would provide an accomodation for us. Instead of responding, she just laughed at us. We asked the nice man from customer service from the internet site we had booked with to talk to her again as nothing had been resolved and we still have not been assured that we have a place to stay. He talks to the lady again and suddenly a vacant room magically appears, even though she had told us repeatedly that the hotel was at full occupancy and that she could not give us a room. She told us this even after we proved to her that we had made the reservation and prepaid for the room. This whole ordeal took approximately 40 minutes. She did absolutely nothing for us to apologize. I completely understand that sometimes things go wrong. Had she been polite and at least pretended to try to help us, I would feel much different about the situation. She was disrespectful and rude from the moment my friends walked in to check in. I regret recommending this hotel to my friends. It is ashame too, because as I said earlier, I had a great experience here Labor Day weekend. To me, customer service is one of the most important part things about staying at a hotel and the custmer service at this hotel on May 3 was horrendous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are a long time Hyatt Residence Club owner and have traveled to many of the locations and loved them all. However, the Hyatt BeachHouse was not up to par when so pared to the other resorts.

Check-In: it was efficient however I was surprised by the dour attitude of the front desk. Typically Hyatt is stellar in welcoming their guests. We were offered champagne upon arrival which was nice.

Concierge: was ok, however it is typical they press you to attend a sales meeting so I typical avoid that process since I'm happy owning what I have.

Room: it was a 2 bedroom and a bit smaller than those 2 bedrooms at the other Hyatt properties. The master bedroom had no door to close between the bedroom and bathroom. Appliances and such were dated. Screened in patio was nice and roomy. All in all this was below average Hyatt Residence room.

Cleaning: we stayed 2 nights hence no cleaning, but they should have changed out the towels and the trash. They did neither.

Property: nicely kept and green, but nothing special. Pool was nice.

Location: nice but kinda far from town and the action.

Fitness center: NONE. Like really. This is where I had the beef. We had to drive to the Other Hyatt property in town. The staff at the Beach House said you have to pay for parking there unless you buy something and get ticket validated. really? Well the other property was fantastic. They lets us in to use the center and gave us free parking and even offered champagne or water. That property was great.

Safety: the property is beside a bridge and there were several homeless hanging out. Didn't make us feel good about walking the area.

Overall below average Hyatt Residence Club. My suggestion is to find room in the Hyatt club in town.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My experience started out incredible then went south on the first day. I went to get my parking pass and the lady at the front desk tried to make me meet up for a timeshare presentation to get the pass. When I said I'm not doing that she then said we'll just put a tow tag on your car! Hahahaha let me just say neither one happened and I got my parking pass. That was the only incredibly rude employee encounter I had, thankfully. Now about the room...ants everywhere and the walls are paper thin. When you can hear your neighbor flush the toilet then, the walls are not insulated properly. The rooms are big the pool is small and the beach well,...it's nonexistent. Overall I guess it's just not resort quality but more of a nice hotel suite. I expected more from the Hyatt name.

Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Big 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo style rooms with full kitchen and w/d. Huge jacuzzi tub in master bedroom. Zero entry pool, slightly warm, small beach with toys and pool cushions and noodles. Tiki bar, 2 small docks, grills, and a hot tub. Excellent service. Would recommend for families.
No fitness center. Screened in large balcony. Covered parking.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room on the north side to see the sunset.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were going to get a hotel for 2 nights with 2 rooms. I found this Hyatt vacation rental property and we had a large condo with 2 bedrooms/baths. I requested both bedrooms have a king size bed and was accommodated. The condo also had a screened in patio overlooking the pool. The condo was clean and well stocked. The beds were very comfortable with good size bathrooms. The kitchen was large for vacation condo standards. We would definitely return.
Only down side was a very early check out (10 AM). I asked for a later check out and only was given till 11 AM.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had no noise issues. All rooms face the pool area so families with chil...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!