“Beautiful place, awesome location ” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Tripadvisor Discount
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Key West
Redland bay
“Beautiful place, awesome location ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the incredibly warm welcome from our host Brandon, to gorgeous room, great location and friendly locals, there was nothing we could not like.

Brandon was a brilliant, helpful guy and generous host.

The room was gorgeous and well appointed, with great attention to detail and thoughtful facilities.

The hotel is well located in a friendly, bohemian feeling area a short walk to everywhere, from shops, restaurants and bars to the coin-op laundry and takeaway pizza places that let us get clothes clean and have a quiet night when we arrived.

We couldn't recommend the Almond Tree more highly.

Dave and Wendy

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights. Our room, although a bit small, was beautifully decorated; new furniture and accesories. Staff very helpful, nice and friendly. Has lovely garden and pool area. A true oasis close to South Duval Street.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

In my last review I wrote that I would go back to this place, so I did! I dont regret it at all.
Same hospitality as the first time! I just love it. We are a couple of friends in our late tweenties that like to party, but this is not a party hotel. Its calm but yet in the city centre. The rooms are nice decorated with everything you could possibly need! Tell the cute little couple hello from me :) and enjoy your stay!

Stayed March 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was a very lucky find on Trip Advisor! My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and we were delighted with our choice. We arrived late but Brandon was very welcoming and helpful with ideas for our KW adventures. The room was on the ground floor close to the pool and breakfast area. It was small but "boutique". If you are sensitive to aromas you might have trouble with the scent in the room. The ceiling fan was wonderful with the air conditioner on low speed and made the scent less noticeable. There was a large water bug in the bathroom area but "he" met his match with my husband's shoe. The bed was so-o comfortable and the linens were excellent. Roosters in the area crowed early, but that is Key West. The location was excellent - close to the Conch Train stop and far enough away from the bars on Duval to be quiet. The people that helped with breakfast were so kind; just delightful to talk to. Parking on location and happy hour every day! We are so glad we found this quiet, clean spot in Key West.

Room Tip: single story room was excellent
Green Features: We found that recycle bins were available in breakfast and happy hour location.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Hotel price per night was bit expensive. on the second night midnight, we saw a cockroach on the celling, which I took picture of. Front desk is close during late hours so no one is going to take care of anything you need unless its emergency.The next day I talked to the gentlemen in the front desk and told him about the cockroach in our room. He says its very common and we can't do anything about it !! I am not sure how it's very common to see a cockroach in the room ! I was expecting him to offer us something such as a free parking or discount at least. Also, we had the sign on the door to clean our room but it wasn't clean so I had to call them to clean the room unfortunately front desk told me it's late and no one is around to rearrange it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelationsKW, General Manager at Almond Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
BanderHA,

We are horrified that you had a unregistered guest in your room during your stay. We have a zero tolerance program for such guests with Orkin Pest Control. Orkin maintains our property and we've notified them of this issue. I would like to apologize for the very poor experience you had upon reporting the issue to our desk agent which was also unacceptable. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and extend a credit for the lack of service during your stay. We strive to achieve a perfect experience for every guest and sincerely apologize for not meeting that expectation. Please call me at 1-800-311-4292 so we can adjust your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and wish I could have resolved this before you left for home...

Kind regards,

Jose Perez
Pompano beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and new our A/C unit wouldn't cool the room and I feel the hotel is over priced. I travel for business a lot and I feel that the hotel was over priced for what it was and while checking out I let them know that the ac was broken and they said thank you we will look into it. That was all.

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Perfect hotel for our four night stay in Key West. Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. We loved everything about it, the perfect location, very accommodating staff. We stayed in room 216 which was beautifully decorated, meticulously detailed with a spa shower and separate vanity area. Very comfortable for three people. Great continental breakfast in the morning, delicious coffee, and happy hour from 5 to 7. Sitting by the pool was peaceful and relaxing away from all the noise on Duval Street. Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Almond Tree Inn? Share your experiences!