We stayed in this nice Motel in Key West for 2 nights. The staff at reception was very kind and helpful, although we did not realize that in the morning we could have a small breakfast offered (but certainly we have not got understand well - the understanding of the American-Inglese, although we speak English, was not easy! ). Overall, the services of the Motel are certainly discrete, to be classified as a structure with 2 stars. We get points not positive of our stay:
- The room we were given (number 19) was very pretty, but it was a refrigerator. Unfortunately it was not possible to control the air conditioning in autonomy, as the temperature and the power of the air you could control only by the reception (near to the room), as the system was centralized with the reception, as this room was the former manager's house (so told us the receptionist).
- We booked via Booking.com and despite our reservation was for 3 people (confirmed by the reservation and of the advance payment of the first night), when we got to the room, the double bed was ready, while the sofa bed for the third person was still closed but especially not ready (we had to prepare the bed by us!). This is not a service that you would expect from any hotel or motel. If the reservation is for 3 people in the room all the beds have to be prepared to accommodate 3 people!
- The room was not very quiet, because the outer wall bordered conditioner engine (very large) and not at all quiet. During the night it was inevitable not wake up to the noise.
We complained about the cold in the room, but the staff at the recption was not able to help us, because we were told that the air could not be turned off because would be off even that of the reception that could not be turned off to avoid computer overheating. They told us that they would leave a note for the manager, to solve the problem (or find a way out), but nothing has changed. Nobody told us anything, much less no manager has presented us with an apology for having stayed in a room where there were practically almost 15-20 degrees difference between outside and inside!
Considering that we have paid not a few money to stay at this Motel, I expected at least an apology as indicated: third bed not ready (and remade hurt the next day) and air conditioning very cold and not adjustable.
I think it's clear that the properties of the Motel, which also owns a resort not far, maybe it's more concerned with the clientele of the resort than the motel.
I would recommend this property, but not the room that we had!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean affordable motel rooms only 1 block from Duval Street at the Southernmost point of the Island of Key West. Many restaurants and shops within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Southwinds Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southwind Hotel Key West